or Connect

Posts by rezwits

I did a 10.6 install on my MacMini connected to my Sony 52". I was wondering if displayconfigx would work/carryover or what. I use a dvi to component adapter so I thought this might be useful to some. I inserted the 10.6 update and did an update without restart. The update didn't work with my dvi adapter at first. I had to resort to breaking out my mini-dvi to hdmi adapter to see the install after I rebooted. Cause I couldn't get any video. This wasn't due to...
So if I have a Mac Pro, and the kernel is 32-bit, will an individual app be able to access more than 4 GBs of ram? like say 14 or even 30 or so GBs if I have it? I'd really like to know about this, thanks... Laters...
64-bit Cocoa...
Here is my thing, I have been using my Black 2006 MacBook religiously like this: 1. Startup in the morning around 9:00 am, 2. sleep wake sleep wake wash rinse and repeat the whole day till... 3. Around 11:00 pm a full shutdown at night. Then a full repeat of 1, 2, and 3, everyday for the past 2 years +. I have a new idea, because I have a serious routine I go thru, setting up my work environment, that takes about 45 minutes to an hour every day in the morning...
Best thing to do especially in your web browser, is, if you still install Adobe Acrobat, to disable the plug-in in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/. I just usually compress mine, and trash the original, that way I can use Apple's default PDF Viewer which doesn't crash. Laters...
What a week. I went over these two Virtual Machines this whole week. I finally decided which one I like the best. I want to make this brief because I feel there are only a few features here and there with each that are overwhelmingly important. 1st feature: Use boot camp or actual hard drive. This basically allows you to use your hard drive that has a native windows or even linux (with Paragon Linux EXT2/3). 2nd feature: Native toolbox for virtual os. ...
In order to have the final version you would have to install from a Gold Master or from the Release version, because as far as I know they have never let a developer preview cross over into "just software update" to release version. So yeah you would have to re-install...
Here's one for thought: Let's say you had a fresh deck of cards, sealed, and you just opened them. If you were to mad shuffle those cards you could end up with any one of the 52! (thats 52 factorial) ways the deck order could be. But what's funny is I doubt no one has ever shuffled a deck and ended up with the deck being in the exact same order as it was when you first opened the pack... So basically it's seems impossible to shuffle a deck and have the deck be in...
WHat smax said Laters...
Use EasyBCD, that is the best manager I know of... I have tried 2 windows partitions but got tired of re-installing when the install before kept getting hosed, but after some help with EasyBCD I am sure I could pull it off if I wanted to now. Laters...