or Connect

Posts by AubreyL

I posted earlier about if I can use both a Nvidea 8800 GT and an ATI Radeon 2600 XT with my new Mac Pro. Currently it just has an ATI card and it seems like it'll work fine. The other question I have though, how will this work under VMWare? I have a Linux virtual machine but most of all I use a Windows XP Virtual Machine. Will there be a conflict between the two video cards when I use Windows XP? If so, I won't even need the ATI as much when I'm on Windows XP. Is it...
I have one of the new Mac Pro's which has a ATI 2600 XT video card and for adding a 2nd video card I'm interested in knowing if I can add a NVidea 8800GT. I will be eventually running 3 monitors off of this computer. Would this setup work?
I just purchased a Mac Pro not long ago and one thing I miss having is the iSight camera that my MBP has. I know in the past Apple made an iSight camera that could be hooked onto a Mac Pro. Are they coming out with an updated Camera? Are there any good 3rd party cameras I should look for? I prefer something that hooks up via USB and that would also have a Mic so I can use it for voice recording even when not using the camera.
I have Mac OS 10.5 Leopard installed on 4 computers in a Home Network and have a problem with sharing files and using screen sharing. Here is my setup. MacBook Pro with my logon ID MacBook Pro with my fiancee's logon ID Mac Mini with both of our logon ID's Mac Pro with both of our logon ID's The problem I have is I am able to access the Mac Mini computer where we have an external Hard Drive connected for data. He is also able to access it. The only problem is...
That gave me a lot to think about. I had thought of setting up a Boot Camp partition in case I need it and then using it with Parallels or VMWare. A guy I work with did this with Parallels on his MBP and said it ran extremely slow and was unusuable but with a Mac Pro that probably woudn't be an issue.
I purchased a Mac Pro but of course only have the standard Superdrive that it comes with. I am selling my Windows machine now that it is being replaced. It has two nice DVD burners in them, both are dual layer and very nice. Am I able to add one of these standard dvd burners to the Mac Pro or do I have to order something that is from Apple?
I just bought a Mac Pro, my 2nd Mac to compliment my MacBook Pro. The different is this Mac Pro is replacing my Windows Desktop. Since I'm going to be using one of the internal drives as a server drive for my home network I don't want to use Boot Camp since I don't want to have to reboot. My question, which of the virtualization products should I go with? For Windows I don't use it heavily. I don't do much gaming and just use a few programs such as QuickBooks, a...
I purchased a Mac Pro and the one we ordered is with the NVidia G8800 GT option. We are going to be running 3 monitors with this but the 3rd monitor won't be as important. To save money we are considering getting the ATI 2600 XT as the 2nd video card. I read a lot on these boards and never really have found an answer as to whether these can be used together or not. I don't want to do it unless I know it works for sure since I don't want stability issues. I can imagine...
I am looking for a 21 to 22' widescreen monitor for my Mac Pro. It won't be used much for games but mainly for everyday all around use (iWork, email, Safari, Office) but also some graphics work in AdobeCS. I do ebooks and use Acrobat a lot and some graphic work with Photoshop, inDesign, and Illustrator. I have done a lot of research and really came to like the Samsung monitors. I know Dell and some others make nice monitors but after buying the Mac Pro my budget is tight...
I did more reading just now and wish I had done more research before I bought. My Windows machine is just in such bad shape that I was waiting for the new Mac Pro to do an upgrade. I use a iMac at work so I am fairly literate in OS X but know little about the Mac Pro. I chose the stock out of the box $2799 Mac Pro. Now I'm seeing most people are talking about the NVidea 8800 card. I know there are a lot of card options, some even over $1000. I'm also not interested...