or Connect

Posts by AubreyL

I just ordered a Mac Pro on Apple's web site today and went with the base model for $2799. I am going to hook it up 2 and eventually 3 monitors so for this reason want to get a DVI Splitter. i have seen www.monoprice.com mentioned for their splitter, http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2 I haven't seen many others except for one mentioned by iOmega and ATEN. I am interested in any opinions of this splitter or others. I don't need anything for sound or...
I'm a coin collector and have mostly American coins, some foreign and other US special collector's coins. I also have some paper money. I've always wanted to prepare a coin database and came up with Liberty Street's Coin Manage and Currency Manager. A year later I'm finally getting to use them but have switched to a Mac. I could use Windows through Parallels but am wondering what Mac solutions are out there. It appears the company doesn't make a Mac version. I know...
I just switched from Parallels 3.0 to VMWare Fusion. I like VMWare much more but with Parallels when I created a Virtual Machine I could choose a location. It would default to a location but in this case when I created a Windows XP machine it automatically put it in my Documents folder. I don't like this because nightly I have Chronosync sync my Documents folder to a Base Station drive. That would add a lot of data nightly. I have gone through settings but have found...
I know Intel announced their next generation of chips coming out in January. I'm sure this is likely to make it to the iMac. Will these chips (I think it's Penryn) make it to the new iMac or are they going to work in that type of machine? Also, will they be quad core or is that something that will come out later in 2008? Any ideas of any other changes likely to come to the iMac? I decided to buy a Mac Mini instead of the iMac this year. I want one of the current...
I want to buy a Mac Mini to use in my home office but am wondering if there's been any speculation of the next Mac Mini. For awhile I know it was rumored it would disappear but yet it was updated. I wish they had added 'n' networking instead of g. I've heard how now the Macbook may be going to aluminum so I'm wondering if the Mini will be doing that and no longer being in the white enclosure. Any ideas?
I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini and will be getting an iMac next year. I'm worry about theft so am looking into getting one of those security locks. I prefer one that is a combination lock. What is a good brand to look into? I've heard mostly about Kensington but when I went to Apple's online store there were a lot of concerned about these damaging the laptops, not holding well, etc. Is there a specific Kensington lock or another I should look into?
Thanks for the suggestion. I did this but unfortunately am having the same probelm. Any other ideas? The fortunate thing is I tried another OS X Tiger Disk from a MacBook pro and it worked okay for booting into Disk Utility and things like that. I still am having the same problem though.
I have a 2 month old MacBook Pro. It has worked fine but last night I left it on with a lot of applications open. This morning all the apps were locked up and I was just getting the beachball. I was unable to quit any of them or even get to the point of restarting the computer. Once I did I was unable to boot. I get to the logon screen where I enter my password. I get all the way to the screen where I have my background but all I have is the upper right part of the...
Is this expected to be true long term? I know when I got into wi-fi years ago g was kind of new. When you are on a g network and using a computer that doesn't support g does it slow everything down to the slower networking or is this just something that happens with n. Is this expected to be long term or just in the early pre-n networking? For now I may just end up running a ethernet cable when I get a mac mini to avoid this problem.
I have one of the newer Airport Extreme Base Station's with the Gigabit ethernet and 'n' networking with all updates applied. I'm interested in getting one of the newer Mac Mini's but know they only go up to 'g' networking. Is that true? If so, will it slow down my n network or is that something that was just true with the original base station without the updated n specs?