or Connect

Posts by AubreyL

I already have a MacBook Pro but now have decided to sell my old Windows XP desktop and replace that with an iMac. I have wanted one for the last 3-4 months but held off with all the rumors of the new iMac. Overall I'm very impressed with the new iMac and it was well worth the wait. My only issue is how are most people finding the glossy screen to be? I've used a laptop once and found the glossy screen hard to deal with but i was in an area with bright sunlight. This...
I had a bad experience in an Apple store this evening. I won't go into the whole story but the employee was very rude to me and then at the end of it he says "I know I'm snippy today but it's been a busy day for us" but he was very arrogant. When I asked him a question about something I knew he was wrong about he flat out said "I don't need to check with anyone else. I'm the manager. I know everything" Of course the story is much longer than this but I have never had...
I have been researching bluetooth headsets for awhile and think I finally narrowed it down to two, the Jabra BT500V and Jabra 5020. Honestly I like the 5020 more since it's newer and maybe more features but the only thing I don't like is the BT500 series has the gel earpieces and different sizes and from what I read the 5020 doesn't. The 5020 seems more like the iPod standard headphones from the pictures I can see and I've never been able to wear those. I wear glasses...
I just put Parallels 3.0 on my Macbook Pro. During the install I chose express install and installed Windows XP. The install went fine but then I went to the Action pulldown menu and chose Parallels Tools. It installs almost 90% and then simply crashes giving me the option to reopen or close. I have completely removed the program by draging it from the Finder to the Trashcan (both the program and Windows XP Virtual Drive). It still does the same after nearly 10...
I have Parallels installed on two MBP's. One of them which I set up first I can easily drag files from the Mac Desktop or a OS X Window to Windows Explorer. The problem is the 2nd installation won't allow me to do this and I can't find any difference between the two. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I also see a option where I can set up a shared folder for Parallels and I choose a directory but then never see that directory listed. It seems this would be another way...
I recently got a iPhone and since I can't copy songs one by one and also don't have enough space on the iPhone to store all songs I chose to create a iPhone playlist which I sync with my iPhone and just copy selected songs to which is around 3-4 gigs. Now I went back to syncing my iPod and realized it's syncing that playlist. I chose to remove the option of it to 'sync all songs and playlists" but then when I did that it removed all songs from my iPod. It seems I can't...
I read a lot of reviews of Bluetooth Headsets when I purchased my iPhone. It seemed the Jawbone was the clear winner and came out far above others in reviews. I almost waited for the Apple Bluetooth Headset but I know it's not out yet and the fact it doesn't have the earpiece to go around your ear makes me wonder how well it'll stay on. I ended up getting the Jawbone after the Apple Store spoke highly of it. I finally got it hooked up. Quality wise it's great. It...