or Connect

Posts by tutumiles1

Do add to the list: 1. A "find" feature in the contacts functions. I have 3,000 contacts I use in business and am I the only person who does not always remember last names?
iphone PRO would be a absolutely great idea... The feature suite would definitely have to include 3G as Edge is painfully slow. While I would not look to delete any functions, I would look to add functions. I like having video as an option on long flights. It would also be great if AT&T would have give better international rates. I took my phone to montreal but kept it in Airplane mode as I was not interested in massive international rates for phone messages that could...
I have read a lot of the threads and understand the points that many have made on both sides of the whine / no whine position. (I was a whiner because I believe the pace of the decrease did not speak to manufacturing efficiency but to the naked taking advantage of loyal customers.) The $200 is immaterial as I can well afford it. Its principal. The point that i find incredible is the ease at which people are willing to except the depreciation of the assets they buy. Yes,...
First of all the put down of those who complain neglect to realize that good consumers complain and help make better products and companies. If there was no reaction to companies output, they would not improve. Apple learned a lesson here as well as the consumers. Apple learned they can take advantage of their fanboys and the fanboys learned it is costly to have a close allegiance. I have gotten over my distaste, but Apple ultimately lost as any true student of marketing...
I think the whiners should be congratulated. Instead of simply taking it in shorts, they complained. If more people complained about corporate behavior, we would not have to be theorizing about market behavior, Enron's, oil companies, and the like. As I said in a previous post, Apple had the right to decrease their prices. I also stated that buyers had a right to complain. I applaud Jobs for the gesture but it was simply naked bad marketing behavior. If they had got away...
Matt, interesting points and you are correct in caveat emptor. Yes, not only was I paying attention in Microeconomics but I ended up majoring in it. Your points are well made from the economist point of view. Now, if you transfer over to your marketing hat, you will indeed see the move in a brilliant light. I posture however that this move still has to stand the test of time. It is difficult to assess the loyalty erosion at this point but it does have a value. Goodwill in...
too often I think we have discussed this pricing matter in terms of price strategy. In effect what Apple did was it used up a lot of the equity it gained in a loyal customer base to profit. They will pay for this in the future if people do not just accept things. There really are a lot of good phones in the market as well as good computers, and MP3 players. Maybe it is time us Apple fans start to be more open minded to other brands as the brand that we loved, turned on us....
DaveGee and Thelonius, Good insight and it is appreciated. Yes indeed the speed and usefulness concerning its smartphone attributes need improvement. I vote for the faster speed and 3G although both your views have great merit.... Since yesterdays acknowledgement of the price gouge, I find I am not as tolerate of my iphone's fault as a device. I may need some time to get over my Apple digust. On this forum previously it has listed functionality additions needed and it...
In the New York times, it spoke to Apple executives and this price move was planned well in advance. This is completely reprehensible.... I think Apple sucks... On Wednesday, Apple executives insisted that the price cut had been planned long ago and that the strategy had been conceived in part to keep the iPhone’s pricing in line with its new iPod Touch, a music player that looks like the iPhone but lacks the phone-calling ability. The sharp price cut, however,...
Check out this paragraph from the New York Times. It seems Apple all along wanted to treat us as suckers all along. OK, I bit, but never again. Here is the paragraph.... Welcome to the sucker club... "On Wednesday, Apple executives insisted that the price cut had been planned long ago and that the strategy had been conceived in part to keep the iPhone’s pricing in line with its new iPod Touch, a music player that looks like the iPhone but lacks the phone-calling ability....