or Connect

Posts by softeky

How about something simple like using the home-button light when a touch-id input is expected?
How about a compromise. Put **both** CPUs in a Mac. Allow per-process choice of which CPU is applied. No cut-over issues. No Bootcamp issues. Just a nano-kernel for device contention and a boat-load of RAM. Multi-core, Multi-CPU next gen ARM OSX *and* Windoze compatibility.
 Sorry, but when Apple get into the clothing industry it'll be one button or fewer. Third parties will produce multi-button ad-ons with varying degrees of success.
Perhaps Samsung will fix this by copying Apple and release some rounded screen phones :-)
I don't pretend to know what was in the mind of the inventor nor, legally speaking, does it matter. Nor does it matter what you or I think we know. All that matters is whether the patent was properly written and whether Samsung can invalidate it for prior art or some other technical reason.All I am trying to point out is that from a strictly definitional perspective Samsung cannot invalidate the patent by claiming client-server implies separate machines. Such an...
More of a shame if Apple get hung out to dry based on ignorance. In the interests of dispelling some of that there is a very strict definition of client-server architecture and it does not rely on which side sends data to the other. Oddly, it also does not rely on which side stores data either. i.e It is not a matter of data direction. Here is the definition: A server is a process that is involved in interprocess communication. It is distinguished by the fact that it...
Wow. Just Wow.When presented with example after example of the press' and analyst's misreporting of fact and creation of failure scenarios all you can deduce is a DED obsession. Perhaps we need someone who can cogently string together an accurate picture and report on it. Thanks DED, your insight is sorely needed and I appreciate your research and consistency of presentation.I am quite amazed at what appears to be a groundswell of hostility towards Apple. Just think about...
Thank you, once again, for a well researched, thoughtful, and well presented article. From my perspective the 5c was Apple's response to the popular clamour for an iPhone that could compete with low-end smart phones. Successful execution of a low-end smartphone deployment would severly weaken Apple as a company. Consider the resource drain of producing enough low-cost, low-feature phones to make a difference to Apple's net revenue. Sure, Apple would rake in gross revenue...
Interesting article. I too did not know how prominent Sun was in the mobile field. I cannot wait to see what Tizen does to Google's advertising revenue base. If Google does not diversify its income to be less dependent on Android deployment, its commercial viability and perceived potential for growth will collapse. I'd like to see the figures for where that tipping point is and whether a non-Google-Ad tied Tizen would be enough to reach it. My concern is that without...
On a related note, would somebody please enlighten me as I am genuinely interested in the following...   A number of times now, when I have described to friends how I prefer iOS over Android for its ecosystem, consistency across apps, ease of use, speed, etc., I have had Consumer Reports thrown in my face (as if that's the last (and only) word on the subject).   Was it ever shown that Consumer Reports was, in some way, influenced by the "Android Lobby"?   I do so...