or Connect

Posts by softeky

No biggie. Just ask the NSA for a copy of your deleted mail!
This could be very useful to those AT&T customers who notice that, despite having a wireless intranet, their phones use cellular cloud services (of some kind) during some nightly activity. Seems to be a problem that when the phone is asleep and it performs some background synch operation, it defaults back to cell for the duration of the operation. This can be quite significant for AT&T users who are on the minimum data plan if Apple can identify and "sponsor" this...
Don't hold your breath.
Is Apple running 2 code bases for this app, one for iPhone and the other for iPad? I cannot find "visualizer" or "up next" controls on the iPad (they are available on the iPhone). It is unusual to find an iPad app with less functionality than the equivalent iPhone app. Nice to be able to control iTunes Radio though. (Aside: Safari on my first-gen retina iPad (iOS 7.0.4) crashed 4 times while I was typing this. AppleInsider, care to streamline your code - I don't expect...
"...taps the built-in ambient light sensor in MacBook Pros and iMacs to enhance user presence detection, allowing for gains in battery life and power savings." How exactly does a mechanism that *prevents* system sleep result in battery life gains and power saving. Sorry, I'm just not following the logic here.
Go home Dad, you're drunk!
"Shipments" or "Sales"? I thought Apple only reported actual sales which is a much more important metric than units shipped.
It's not the fact that the devices are no longer made that is important here. It's the fact that the F and R in FRAND stand for Fair and Reasonable. If you want your patents to be included in a standard (effectively forcing everyone to use them), you must not be able to ban their use in an arbitrary and self serving manner. This is a strategy too often executed and it must be stopped. Industry-wide acceptance as a standard should entail industry-wide publication and...
My 19 month old son disagrees. He picked up the iPhone interface concepts 2 months ago (I have the videos). He had the basic concepts down almost immediately. Home-button start and safety escape. Swipe to activate (he loves that). His favorite Sesame Street videos a couple of easy taps away, behind icons he easily recognizes. He *loves* CoverFlow, and the change of function that comes with an orientation switch. His favorite music appears to be Coldplay - he's been playing...