or Connect

Posts by softeky

It's not the fact that the devices are no longer made that is important here. It's the fact that the F and R in FRAND stand for Fair and Reasonable. If you want your patents to be included in a standard (effectively forcing everyone to use them), you must not be able to ban their use in an arbitrary and self serving manner. This is a strategy too often executed and it must be stopped. Industry-wide acceptance as a standard should entail industry-wide publication and...
My 19 month old son disagrees. He picked up the iPhone interface concepts 2 months ago (I have the videos). He had the basic concepts down almost immediately. Home-button start and safety escape. Swipe to activate (he loves that). His favorite Sesame Street videos a couple of easy taps away, behind icons he easily recognizes. He *loves* CoverFlow, and the change of function that comes with an orientation switch. His favorite music appears to be Coldplay - he's been playing...
Considering the effect that new iPhone expectation has on existing iPhone version sales. If the competition wanted to hurt Apple's December (holiday) iPhone sales, this is exactly the kind of rumor that would do it. If this rumor gains any kind of credibility, Apple will be forced to issue a firm denial or face suppressed iPhone 5 sales in their most important quarter. What a nasty rumor this could turn out to be.
I still have an old Apple grey-level screen (hiding in the basement). Used to connect it to my old MacII SI. The screen had two orientations landscape and portrait. Flip the screen and the image flipped to maintain the correct horizon. Was one of the first whole-page screens I ever used. That has to be close to 20 years ago. I wonder why the judge rejected the "prior art".
    It is difficult to tell who are the shills on the internet. It is certainly possible for a person to be paid or sponsored to blog about certain subjects and still publish the facts. Expert witnesses (who are paid, BTW) in court cases are expected to do just this. I have found Mueller's blogs to be interesting, well written and substantiated. He has not failed a single crosscheck test that I have performed on his patent reporting to date.   If you have found otherwise,...
I live in Brooklyn, NY and the result I get (the same as in the above picture) on iOS 6 is also in Brooklyn. This looks to me like a correct search result. I will try the same search tonight when I am in Manhattan and see if Apple is taking my current location for clues to how to complete the incomplete search request used as the test. When I use a complete search request: 315 e 15th st manhattan ny I get the same result as the Razr I seem to recall in the early days...
      TS, you're going to confuse him. This will end badly (cringe at impending train wreck).
I remember being surprise to discover that car rental companies made most of their money from reselling rental cars after they had been used for a year (leveraging initial bulk purchase discounts from the manufacturer) together with their "optional" insurance. Not, as most people think, from the actual rental fee.   I remember being surprise to discover that reseller catalogs make most of their money from the advertising space they sell in their catalogs and not via a...
Yup, looks like I'm completely off base there. What use is UDID to the FBI when they can get IMEI and ICCID codes from the service provider? How would they be expected to use the UDID to further their "investigations"?