or Connect

Posts by VinitaBoy

As a Mac user and long-time poster to sites like this, I must reveal my credentials to one and all . . . and avow my disappointment with everything Apple has ever done. Ever. Truly. The hardware products aren't good enough or cheap enough. The software products aren't comprehensive enough or updated fast enough. Steve's keynote addresses aren't focused enough or broad enough. The stock price is not high enough or low enough. There. Am I one of the great unwashed...
If I'm not mistaken, NBC is running a very distant LAST in the network ratings race, rivaling the WB, even! iTunes saved "The Office" from an early death (not so sure THAT was a good idea), so let's see what the company can pull out of its a** next season . . . WITHOUT WRITERS OR ITUNES! (Pardon the glee at watching these morons self destruct.)
To paraphrase Sammy Davis on the old "Laugh-In" show . . . "The iPhone's in session, the iPhone's in session; now here come da FUD, now here come da FUD!"
From the Apple website regarding Time Machine: Set it, then forget it. To start using Time Machine, all you have to do is connect an external drive (sold separately) to your Mac. You’re asked if you want it to be your backup drive, and if you say yes, Time Machine takes care of everything else. Automatically. In the background. You’ll never have to worry about backing up again. Clearly, Mossberg's issue is with network backups. Doesn't apply in my little office, so his...
Won't Someone Think Of The Children?
Hey, don't denegrate AlGore! After all he and Yasser Arafat are both recipients of the vaunt NPP! (As were the Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs and the President of South Africa, Fredrik Willem De Klerk.) Fine folks and causes all!
I've been buying CD's for about a zillion years now and have amassed an enormous collection of relatively useless plastic. With the 160 GB iPod Classic I have been able to move almost all of that library onto a cigarette pack-sized device and clear my shelves of what is clearly a media anachronism. My Point: Until Apple can deliver a flash drive device with THAT kind of storage capacity--at an affordable cost--I'll keep my Classic, OK?
How old ARE you, Wayland? If you want adults (or people who don't HAVE to build their own PCs to save money) you might want to improve your communication skills. I know you THINK "prolly" is cute. It isn't . . . not if you want you be taken seriously.
As an Apple Developer, I've said this to hundreds of friends over the years who've asked about a printer choice: HP? Great hardware, crappy software. No, really. CRAPPY software. Perhaps this new mechanism will resolve that problem.
Aside from your "candy-ass" opinion, "brit-teeth," what is your reaction to the clear misrepresentation about songs being priced at $.89? THEY ARE NOT! Some are . . . but NOT ALL. Is that your clear and balanced spin?