or Connect

Posts by VinitaBoy

I have loathed Sony--and not supported them in any fashion--ever since their little rootkit/copy protection scheme back in 2005. Remember that little debacle? Scroom. Let the entire company go the way of the Walkman. They deserve it!
" . . . will have . . . will ship . . . will . . . should . . . might . . . ought to . . . plans to . . . uh . . . could . . . uh . . . Once again, and at the risk of repeating myself . . . This is all vaporware! V-A-P-O-R-W-A-R-E! This is little more than pie-in-the-sky. Potemkin Villages! Cardboard and dreams! These devices WILL be able to do anything, right? Change your oil, babysit your children, pay your taxes. In short . . . EVERYTHING! Promises are made of...
What I like most about your Android-Tab screed is your acknowledgment of Apple's magnificent pioneering of this kind of consumer-based device. (What, no?) I mean, also-rans, Johnny-Come-Lately's, and Insincere Wanna-Be's always have the advantage of standing on the shoulders of their forebears, and making small, inconsequential improvements to hard ground broken by others. Yeah, thanks for reminding us of Samsung's lack of true innovation and risk-taking here. I, for...
So that's it, eh? THAT is what makes one tablet superior to its competitor? Web browsing speed? Are we supposed to forget comparative screen size (45%?), the device's OS, its track record for stability and reliability, its behind-the-scenes infrastructure (iTunes), etc., etc., etc.? For my money, I'll take Apple and its proven quality/reliability/customer service record over RIM any day of the week. Oh, and did I neglect to mention . . . THE PLAYBOOK IS...
If we all had a nickel for every "rumor" about an Apple hardware or software product, none of us would ever have to work another day in our lives. (I wonder how Tim Cook's doing at GM and HP right now. It must be tough holding down TWO jobs like that.)
Apple, Inc. 2010 . . . the company we all love to hate. Flash doesn't work (well) on ANY smartphone, so heap ordure on Apple for not supporting it in iOS either. Change an icon in iTunes, send them to Hades. Lay out an ad incorrectly, it's time to disband the company. One step forward, two steps back, eh? Tell me, folks: Is anyone looking at Microsoft, RIM, Dell, HP, Sony, Asus, Lenovo, Google, Motorola, ad infinitum, with the same fanatical scrutiny as that applied...
"In an earlier post, Quantcast noted that it "does not include Apple's iPad in mobile web consumption analysis," although it did not specifically state whether the iPad's figures are excluded from the most recent data set." And, how then, if I may ask, can these data be accepted AT ALL? No iPad searches included AT ALL? Why not exclude iPhones as well? Just more FUD and drivel from the vanquished, IMHO.
"Kindle is the best-selling product on Amazon for two years running." Give us the EXACT numbers, Jeff. The EXACT NUMBERS! If you're proud of your sales volume, SHOUT IT LOUD! (So we can compare it to other devices in the "same" category, OK?)
Hey, TEKSTUD: http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/23982/ An anomaly, perhaps? (Answer: Naw) One more thing: As I understand it, the base price for current best-selling books to Amazon has ALWAYS been in the $14.99 range. The company has "eaten" the $5 difference (from $9.99) in an effort to boost sales of the one-trick-pony Kindle ("Kindling" now?) to its consumers. The problem for Amazon now is that absorbing that $5 in the face of HAVING to...
The bash-bloggers and self-interested trolls are really out in force over the iPad. "Yep, finally, Apple is dead. They really screwed the pooch on this one. The iPad comes nowhere near the everything-to-everyone device we were promised by all the pundits and anal-ysts. And, by the way, it's WAY TOO CHEAP! May the 99 cent netbook and Amazon Kindling live forever! We want one of those OTHER tablet devices, not the iPad! You know, the ones with flash (dead technology...