or Connect

Posts by VinitaBoy

I hope somebody can answer this question: Is it viable to replace only ONE of the two 2GB RAM boards on the new 17" MBP with a 4GB board, giving one 6MB of memory? I know Apple says the two boards should be of the same configuration, but--damn!--$700+ is a bit hard on my budget right now. $360+ I can probably swing if I give up this month's Twinkie ration. Opinions?
@ MacOldTimer, You are one sad, pathetic, bitter old troll. Please run--don't walk--to your nearest therapist and try to find out which of your parents beat you unconscious as a child. If Apple doesn't live up to your personal standards of product quality and reliability, GO ELSEWHERE! Buy a Dell or a Gateway! Get a WinMob phone and use the hell out of it! Stick a Zune in your ear (or somewhere else where the sun doesn't shine), and be happy! But whatever you...
I've had my 3G iPhone for about six months now, teckstud . . . and not one scratch does it have. That's because I discovered something a long time ago called a "case." I have full functionality and chargeability using this revolutionary device, and (again) not one scratch, dent, or other kind of physical incursion have I registered. I hear there are a bunch of these innovative shells out there in the wild. Trapping one might be good for any iPhone user who values the...
"This business plan will not work. They are building fringe products for a boutique market, lacking the innovation to stand above the competition. This trend had better end with this latest failure." Yeah, "Rain," Apple's really taking it in the shorts with their failed business plan. Q1/2009 was the biggest in the company's history--and in the throes of a worldwide downturn. Yep, that's failure all right. As for the drop in AAPL, show me one--just one--equity that...
Wait, macFanDave . . . YOUR anecdotal evidence does indeed have some weight, but mine does not? Why is what I said a "joke"? Should I consider YOUR posting a joke as well? Just for argument's sake, let's consider what we have both posted here the truth, OK? What makes YOUR experience with the iPhone more representative of its capabilities than anyone else's? OK, granted: Houston's 3G connectivity sucks. Colorado Springs' doesn't. So? Now what? Sue Apple because...
macFanDave, Tell us, what other 3G phones have you tried in Houston in exactly the same areas, with exactly the same carrier (AT&T), at exactly the same time of day? And how have you documented these tests? Please pass along all results as soon as possible so we can confirm your findings/suspicions, OK? (Oh, and please remember: Anecdotal evidence isn't worth the wind it takes to express it, so do include all hard test results in your next posting.) FYI: Here in...
@MacOldTimer "Ironic this comes the day after earnings. This is one of the many reasons that the SEC is invetigating Apple." What a crock of horsecrap, and you know it. There's no contract here, implied or expressed, concerning the actual shipping date of any product. Your posting-name should be "WinTrollTimer," for your opinions are clear in their intent and bias. Go back to your Gateway, and darken these portals no more. Quoting Bugs, "What a maroon."
Analyst Kathryn Huberty of Morgan Stanley is an unmitigated asswipe and should be fired immediately for being that far off!
Nicely said, wizard69. "Further off there might be opportunity but that is the domain of the speculators. " As far as the eye can see, AAPL's price will be in the hands of those who do not care a whit about the company, its products, or its earnings potential. If I weren't already in so deep, I'd get the hell out of the market forever. But . . . que sera. But one more thing, wiz: Given that there is almost $30 per share IN CASH in this equity right now, do you REALLY...
Seems to me you should apply for Steve Jobs' position, ascii. Clearly, you know more than their product development team, and as an AAPL shareholder in good standing I would love to see you run the company. Of course, there are a couple of hundred thousand other experts on sites such as these who would give you a run for your money, but I'd bet you'd prevail.