or Connect

Posts by THT

It's at least a good strategy to put pressure on Intel, for both design and economic reasons.   Apple wants to have super thin, fanless desktops and laptops with the highest performance possible. I think their vision for the iMac is to have it be a monolithic thin slab of display with whatever design accompaniments like the current chin, etc. Then, they still want the laptops to be thinner. So, the current lineup of 15 W TDP chips to 65 W TDP chips all need to be driven...
Kremlinology here. Nvidia's messaging for the Tegra X1 makes it sound like they are designing the SoC for embedded and automotive applications. This is where the Tegra line has had its primary success, so Nvidia is following where the money is coming from. The issue is that embedded applications and handheld applications don't have to overlap.   This X1 SoC looks to be more inappropriate for handhelds than the K1 was, and it looks to be encroaching on not being all that...
 Yes. How is it any different from any other system software update for the past 4 decades or so? And, the variability in system software is in the small print, if not, outright stated on how much storage space it takes.
Can't see how this lawsuit can possibly move forward. Apple undoubtedly has small print that covers themselves regarding actual user storage space being smaller (due to filesystems and system software blah blah blah) while the marketed storage size is absolutely true, and they've also covered themselves in the small print regarding decimal or binary storage sizes.   Storage size marketing or advertising has been this way for the better part of 4 decades or whatever it...
Actually, I like the AI message board design (or Ars Technica's) a lot whole lot better than the UI disasters that are threaded user forums. Disqus style comment boards are only about 4 or 5 indents deep, so you're left at the same spot anyways. Many of those comment boards are designed for what, a 640 pixel wide display, that are surrounded by ads and crap. Especially these sites who continually harp on design and user experience, yet their comment forums are UI...
No, that's a different case. The case that went to the jury is a class action lawsuit against Apple involving DRM practices and how it harmed iPod customers by raising prices. It's one of the dumbest lawsuits I've heard of in recent memory to make it to trial. But, the lesson is still the same. This case should have been dismissed 9 years ago. It should have never survived to get a to trial-by-jury stage. Yet here they are. It's now in the hands of the jury, and you really...
AI doesn't have much of anything about the proceedings. They just started today. Don't know how long it will go. We will see how it goes. Like I said, while the arguments may be convincing, you never know what goes through the minds of the judges or the jury in these things.
You never know, and the DOJ has yet to present its side, right? You just never know what machinations lead a person to make one decision or another.
Excellent choice by Time.
"Now ready" is a rather ill-defined term in the semiconductor business. I'd argue Intel isn't ready quite yet. The Core M rollout has been, what, anemic? Pretty slow? Unimpressive? It's been like a pilot production project for them prior to the big rollout in 1H 2015. I'm almost at the point in thinking that Apple can simply not upgrade the CPUs in the Macs until Skylake comes out. The only really beneficial thing they can do is go Fusion standard in Mac mini and iMac,...