or Connect

Posts by NoahJ

And that is where you story falls down, somebody chose sprint because they liked their service... My company is on it and I fought to get off of it because calls would drop in the office where I work due to signal issues. Sprint service is practically worthless nearly everywhere I have used it when you get indoors. Until they solve that issue, they will never be more than what they are, even if they give away their phones for free.
One trick pony? Hardly, they make money in all their businesses. However iPhone is a major revenue stream. And messing with that revenue stream is ill advised. They have done well with the continual upgrades and with avoiding following every whim of their competitors. Every call of, this one will be a failure has been met with resounding success so far. While nothing can last forever, cheering for the failure makes one look foolish. (Not saying this is what you are...
Why? If they do end up failing, what possible reason would anyone have to buy an unsupported tablet that will never see a refresh or any real software development? This was exactly the reason I steered clear of the HP tablet when they dropped the price to ridiculously low just to get them out the door. I just don't see the draw...
https://discussions.apple.com/community/appletv/appletv?view=discussions This is definitely a widespread issue. People all over are having failures. I would recommend waiting unless you have a micro USB cable in case of issues.... Not a good release it seems...
I was wondering when someone would try to compare this to the Apple Computer of the 90's. With how many models of desktop computers they sold, to how many segments with how much fragmentation, and how confusing was it to the die hard fans, let alone the general public? At that time they sold their product at what was considered a completely unreasonable price without enough differentiation to justify the costs. How is this the same now? Any product similar to theirs...
Dude, he was pretty darned clear in the point he was making. All the planning in the world can still be caught flatfooted by greater than expected demand. Is that so hard to understand? Him using that flood in no way trivializes the flood unless you see him somehow saying that the inability to activate his phone or download the update is as bad as losing ones home, or loved ones. And he is certainly not doing that here from what I can see...
To those who are complaining that people should wait to upgrade, what business is it of yours if a person upgrades the day of or a year later? I see it as a very positive note that iPhone users are upgrading their phones when the updates are available and not waiting until forced for some reason. Do you pitch the same fit when android users have minor issues updating their phones when it is released for all their existing handsets at the same time? Oh wait.....
Anyone who says they are downloading the beta versions from a BT site ahead of the GM release and is not a developer is either lying or taking their security and throwing it out the window. To run a dev release of iOS7 and also to run the GM candidate, your iOS device has to be registered with a developers account. If it is not the installer will not load on your device. If you downloaded it from a BT site they have to go in and remove that security function and at this...
While I liked the data in the article, I truly wished that the colorful descriptions and personal asides had been toned down significantly. The data spoke for itself in my opinion and did not need the amplification that shrieked I hate anything not Apple...
Umm, are you straining gnats here? The decision was made in order to ensure that FRAND or SEP was not used unfairly. I guess the issue you take is me making a leap in the logic saying that they found that there was FRAND abuse, and the decision did not specifically say that. If so, then I will agree they, did not make a ruling, however the intent was as I described. They were trying to make it much harder in the case of SEP and FRAND patents to gain a market advantage...