or Connect

Posts by Stephenbw

That's not luxurious, it's just very very tacky.
I don't bring anything on my trips, but I do take as much as weight restrictions allow and a 160GB iPod is the same weight as a 120GB. I currently have 1096 hours of music, as much of it, transferred from CD many years ago, is at 128kbps. But it isn't a question of how much of it I actually listen to on holiday, or anywhere else away from home, it's more about having access to exactly what I want to listen to.  We obviously enjoy our music libraries in very different...
Ha ha! I wish I was, alas the truth is far more prosaic. I was made redundant, took early retirement and live off a small pension. The advantage is that I can look for bargain holidays and take them whenever I want. 4 weeks on Crete for £575 last May 
It isn't actually necessary to have any music when on the go, but it is desirable. For you a choice from 125 hours is sufficient, for me it isn't, and I don't understand why anyone would question what I feel is sufficient for me. I have no need of an iPhone; you obviously do, but I don't question that. I go on a number of holidays each year, sometimes for three or four weeks at a time and I really don't see the point in leaving most of my music at home for up to 3 months...
I'm not sure how my wanting to have access to my complete music library whilst travelling in places with little or no Wifi, or without having to pay hefty roaming charges for the privilege, makes me an insufferable snob. I agree with you that it won't take long before the iPod Touch and the iPhone get the same capacity bump, and I'm guessing the iPad Mini will too. This announcement has delayed my upgrade from iPod Touch to iPad Mini and made the planned replacement of my...
They are making another Volkswagen Beetle… http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/beetle-nf/home?ppc=vw+beetle Vinyl records have made a comeback… http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204573704577184973290800632.html And denim jeans are a timeless style icon… http://en.vogue.fr/fashion/fashion-inspiration/diaporama/style-icons-jeans/7804 Apart from that, good points 
The thing is that those of us who rip our CDs, or even buy CDs, are in a diminishing minority. Downloads now outsell CDs, Apple hasn't updated the iPod Classic for a few years and never will, and it has removed the optical disc drive from its new iMacs. iTunes is now being steered towards iCloud usage because that's how an increasing majority are now accessing music. I'm lucky in that I ripped my existing library in 2007 and have only had incremental additions to process...
  As has already been pointed out by nabziF on page 1, gapless is the default setting for iTunes. All albums play this way; as soon as one track finishes the next one starts. Any 'gaps' are the fadeout on the track created by the artist/producer. Of course you can remove these natural silences if you wish by adjusting the end times of individual tracks. I just trashed and re-ripped Giorgio Moroder's E = Mc², an album I know to have a 'gapless side', to see if it behaved...
You must realise that you are in a small minority in ripping a 144 CD collection requiring 500 different pieces of art. I would bet that the majority of users, who even rip CDs, once they have ripped their CD collection, are only adding a handful of CDs each week. Apple has removed and is not going to replace Coverflow because it is "a feature that Apple told Mossberg was considered useful by "too few users." I suspect even fewer users use iTunes in the way that you...
You know, I hadn't even noticed that had gone, as it was only occasionally that I wanted to play as it imported. When I did, I just started playing once the first track had finished importing, and I see that you can still do that.