or Connect

Posts by sunspot42

I'd imagine the water disperses into the alcohol, so that you end up with a solution of mostly-alcohol inside the phone, even places where air doesn't circulate well. Then you drain the alcohol out, and any remaining drops inside the phone evaporate much more quickly than a similar quantity of water would. I'd be a little concerned though, because alcohol is a solvent, and there's no telling what it might do to some of the plastics and other materials inside an...
Hahahaha! That's classic!
Are you kidding me? She's an idiot. A nasty idiot. She makes Carly Failorina look like Steve Jobs. Witless rode eBay (a good idea, which naturally she didn't originate) thru the dot com bubble. Once the bubble burst, eBay went pretty much nowhere for a decade under Witless and her successor. The only good decision she made during her tenure was to purchase PayPal, which I believe is where eBay makes most of its money now. That was a no-brainer which everybody in...
Glad to see Apple moving back to moncrhome icons. All that color leads to a lot of visual clutter, ultimately making the interface more difficult to utilize. Color should be reserved for highlighting items of interest.
Why do you think they're here?
Only it's not a $500 phone, because Samsung and HTC can't command the same margins Apple can. Not with Verizon being forced to offer 2-for-1 deals in order to move Android phones out the door. It's more like a $350 phone that costs $300 to manufacture, market and support. And it's not $5-$10 in royalties, either. It'll end up being more like $35 by the time Apple, MS, Oracle and HP are done extracting their pound of flesh from Google for "borrowing" so much IP to use in...
And at the rate Motorola is burning thru cash, that won't last very long. Motorola is up against not only Apple and Nokia, but also Samsung and LG (and possibly HP, if they ever get their act together). All of them are larger, with better balance sheets. Like I said, if this deal were just about patents, Google could have bought those off Motorola for a couple billion, giving them the cash they need to compete with the big boys over the long haul. Google didn't buy...
The patents are a smokescreen, and Googlerola's Android "partners" should be very, very afraid. Motorola was hard up for cash, and Google needed patents. But there was no reason to buy the entire company - I'm sure Motorola would have been happy to sell those patents for a cool billion or two. Google is buying Motorola because they want to get into the hardware business, and Motorola is the only hardware maker they could afford that comes complete with a tasty patent...
Well, Wall Street clearly disagrees with your reading of the decision. In after-hours trading, at the moment the market has lopped almost 15% off the value of your company...
If that's HP's brilliant "strategy" in the PC market, they'd better hope Apple doesn't get into the "accessories, software, inks and toners" business. Because if they do, HP is pretty much toast outside of the corporate infrastructure sector, where they face heavy competition from IBM and Oracle.