or Connect

Posts by newbee

"Retirement is depressing for most people with active minds"............and no money to spend satisfying it. There. Fixed it for you.   
I'm sorry Marvin. You have a point, but I don't share your willingness to try and explain the "responsibilities" of the media....whose mantra is :  If it bleeds, it leads. That alone tells me everything I need to know about how "responsible" the news media is.
I was going to "rag on you" for not having a sense of humour but after reading more comments on this thread I've changed my mind. You're not alone. I think the problem is, like one poster has suggested, that no images of Justin and/or Fallon are used, so many people will not associate them with this commercial. Their voices are very similar, to me at least.....but then my hearing is only 64.56% as good as it used to be.  Had I not known in advance who was in the video, I...
Not everyone has the same type of humour. Not everyone "gets British humour". That fact doesn't make it less funny, just not funny to those individuals .... kind of like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
 Soli, I think you're trying too hard to get the "real meaning" of that ad. I prefer to keep it simple, stupid, otherwise known as the "kiss method". To me, at least, that ad isn't "attacking" potential customers, but rather just identifying said group. It's just saying:  All consumers have a choice between acting like a lemming, or trying something unique that we believe is better. Your choice.  And, IIRC, That ad was very successful , was it not?
You should get together with TS. He has no sense of humour either.......not sure of the other senses.
 TS, read the whole article........  "We have never seen anything like this in the history of the disease," said Barbara Newhouse, President and CEO of The ALS Association. "We couldn't be more thrilled with the level of compassion, generosity and sense of humor that people are exhibiting as they take part in this impactful viral initiative." In case you still don't "get it",  raising awareness is always a good thing, not to mention the fact that this campaign has resulted...
Come on TS, what in the world has happened to you over the last few years? You used to post intelligent and sometimes humorous posts that I loved to read, but lately you seemed to be "impersonating" the perfect troll, and for cryin' out loud, aren't there already enough of those idiots on this site already?  The article states: Since the challenge began on July 29, the ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received $4 million in donations. That compares to just $1.12...
I couldn't agree more, especially when it comes to the calendar app, which, for me at least, is almost useless now, with it's pastel colours, grid lines which are mostly 90% transparent, etc. etc. .... if you put a lot of info on your monthly page view....it all runs together so as to make it all difficult to view with a glance. Nothing stands out. They should offer a "classic" view as an option, at least.
It's kind of ironic that the behaviour you've described is exactly what Amazon practises every time they sell something, especially books. The publishers do all the "heavy lifting" .... editing, working closely with the author, book tours, promotions, etc. etc.......and then Amazon walks in and undercuts them on price, making it almost impossible to compete, thus resulting in the closing of hundreds, if not thousands, of book retailers. The thing is, it's us ... the...