or Connect

Posts by newbee

You say:   "You're still implying that something being legal means the government wants you to do it".  I don't know if I can be any more clear than that. ..... The words "my responsibility" I thought would have done it for you. Originally Posted by Marvin"They certainly don't overtax people who can't afford it. And it's not governments that believe they are entitled to the money, it's other people. It's people who are too old or too sick to work, who are fighting in...
 Marvin, as I mentioned in post #118, (directly above yours), “Responsibility” would have been a better choice than “duty”. It’s interesting that you use the UK government, or any government’s thoughts on this matter because, as you may know, it sometimes seems most governments falsely believe that they’re “entitled” to everything we own. Like I’m fond of saying: The deeper my pockets get, the longer the arms of government get. In my opinion, until the taxman shows me he’s...
  Intellectually dishonest? Really? Seems to me that something is either dishonest or it isn't ... must be a lawyer. I do, however, admit that "responsibility" might be a better fit than "duty". My bad. .... and why is it selfish to obey the tax laws to save the maximum amount "legally? allowed? I imagine that you, as well as others who are complaining here, don't refuse tax credits so you could pay more taxes ..... or would you consider that to be intellectually dishonest...
 Tax avoidance is completely legal and is, in fact, one's duty. Tax evasion, on the other hand, is, most likely the term you were searching for, no?
I'd be all for that, on one condition, that being,  if the government wants to control Apple spending....Apple should be allowed to control government spending. That's fair. It's not like the government is exercising any control or anything. /s   
People don't buy cars at the same rate that they purchase everything else, plus the Auto companies are not known as being "forward thinking". CarPlay will become bigger eventually but, as for now, there are bigger fish to fry.
Finally, someone who, not only "gets it", but can articulate their ideas well. Good post, Marvin. 
You're right about everyone else printing currencies, but it would appear that the government of the day in the US had a very reckless and panicked fed chairman ... not a good situation at all.This is a quote from Ben Bernanke, who served two terms as chairmanof the Federal Reserve, the central bank of the United States from 2006 to 2014...... "Like gold, U.S. dollars have value only to the extent that they are strictly limited in supply. But the U.S. government has a...
That's in all probability because you, like millions of others, look at the increased price of an item as having gone up, when in fact, the value of the dollar has gone down. There is one "economic law" that has been in place for years, the law that says when demand is greater than supply, prices go up and when supply is greater than demand, prices fall. Money is a commodity and as such it follows that same law. Create more dollars and the value of each one is reduced.
First of all, think about how much the value of the dollar has been eroded over the last 10 years ....thanks to the reckless overprinting of the money supply. Secondly, take the time to compare the success and level of compensation between the financial sector and the Apple execs. If you want to find "obscene compensation" the financial industry wins this title, hands down. I find it "interesting" to note that, in almost every instance, the people who were most to blame...