or Connect

Posts by newbee

You should get together with TS. He has no sense of humour either.......not sure of the other senses.
 TS, read the whole article........  "We have never seen anything like this in the history of the disease," said Barbara Newhouse, President and CEO of The ALS Association. "We couldn't be more thrilled with the level of compassion, generosity and sense of humor that people are exhibiting as they take part in this impactful viral initiative." In case you still don't "get it",  raising awareness is always a good thing, not to mention the fact that this campaign has resulted...
Come on TS, what in the world has happened to you over the last few years? You used to post intelligent and sometimes humorous posts that I loved to read, but lately you seemed to be "impersonating" the perfect troll, and for cryin' out loud, aren't there already enough of those idiots on this site already?  The article states: Since the challenge began on July 29, the ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received $4 million in donations. That compares to just $1.12...
I couldn't agree more, especially when it comes to the calendar app, which, for me at least, is almost useless now, with it's pastel colours, grid lines which are mostly 90% transparent, etc. etc. .... if you put a lot of info on your monthly page view....it all runs together so as to make it all difficult to view with a glance. Nothing stands out. They should offer a "classic" view as an option, at least.
It's kind of ironic that the behaviour you've described is exactly what Amazon practises every time they sell something, especially books. The publishers do all the "heavy lifting" .... editing, working closely with the author, book tours, promotions, etc. etc.......and then Amazon walks in and undercuts them on price, making it almost impossible to compete, thus resulting in the closing of hundreds, if not thousands, of book retailers. The thing is, it's us ... the...
You're right, Soli...I guess that's the fallout a company has to go through when it has a giant bullseye on it's back put there by lesser companies whose bank accounts don't match up.
I hear you, but let's face it, the larger the company, the more "opportunity" for internal politics to develop. It's inevitable. As we move forward Tim will have an opportunity to show his leadership skills. Here's hoping he's up to the task. I'm betting he is.
I have used Apple maps almost exclusively since it was developed and the change from then until now is amazing. Just a few weeks ago I was trying out the live traffic feature for the first time and was amazed that it showed a traffic slowdown because of an accident that was only 15 minutes old....and that's in Vancouver, BC....a "foreign" country. It might not be perfect, hardly anything is, but it's making giant strides, imho.
I hear you. As a retired ( aka, unemployed)  person for the last 7 years, I had to see all of these new OSs and apps pass me by, as I was stuck in 32 bit mode hell (late 2006 iMac). I finally took the plunge, stopped waiting to be able to afford another new computer, and bought a second hand late 2009 iMac from an Apple dealer.....and Heavens to Betsy....I'm really enjoying my computer again. No more computer envy. Mavericks is wonderful and, hopefully, it will be a few...
post removed as I didn't check the link first.