or Connect

Posts by newbee

It's been said that "there is a fine line between genius and insanity" and I think a lot of the greatest men and women of our time likely reside 'on that line'. If your exposure to Steve Jobs only presented the "insanity" side then, of course, he might be perceived as "an asshole". (btw,thanks for that post, Dick. It sounded just like my oldest daughter and gave me a much needed chuckle after 2 pages of this thread)   If, on the other hand, you had the opportunity to be...
I don't really care that much about what they will introduce  (except for a new apple TV ) as Apple is likely to revamp most of their line over the course of the year anyway. The one thing I hope to see tomorrow is more of Phil Schiller who, in my mind at least, is their best presenter. At the last special event he was almost non existent and the quality of that event was not even close to the usual professional standards of Apple's presentations. It made me wonder if...
You're right and apparently, so are "reading standards."   
It's not our problem that you have no "imagination".    
"The more things change, the more they remain the same" (an aphorism by Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr) ......    "There's a sucker born every minute." (usually attributed to P. T. Barnum)   First there were banking institutions and investment houses that, when trying to figure out how to get rid of those 'nasty stocks' that kept on losing money and were getting increasingly harder to dump, er, sell, that they came up with the bright idea of taking several hundred of...
" because ownership will be concentrated in fewer hands, thus there will be less ability to manipulate the stock price." People who think like this are the reason the masses, for the most part, get "fleeced." Who do you think is moving the market theses days? Millions of little people who all think alike on every decision? or the 40 or 50 hedge fund, pension fund, mutual fund and every other fund you can think of, plus all of the "traders" that make a commission on every...
The "drug" is called power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The scary thing is how easily the masses can be duped. I'm not sure where we're heading but I think it's going to get real ugly sooner, rather than later.    
 "They should have to explain why they adjusted expectations with no obvious reason." Actually there is a reason. The "stockmarket industry", for the most part, makes money when we buy or sell shares. They are not concerned whether we make or lose money, they are only concerned with moving shares. That's it. End of story.
The story was written by Shane Cole, according to my computer, ymmv.