or Connect

Posts by newbee

I have used Apple maps almost exclusively since it was developed and the change from then until now is amazing. Just a few weeks ago I was trying out the live traffic feature for the first time and was amazed that it showed a traffic slowdown because of an accident that was only 15 minutes old....and that's in Vancouver, BC....a "foreign" country. It might not be perfect, hardly anything is, but it's making giant strides, imho.
I hear you. As a retired ( aka, unemployed)  person for the last 7 years, I had to see all of these new OSs and apps pass me by, as I was stuck in 32 bit mode hell (late 2006 iMac). I finally took the plunge, stopped waiting to be able to afford another new computer, and bought a second hand late 2009 iMac from an Apple dealer.....and Heavens to Betsy....I'm really enjoying my computer again. No more computer envy. Mavericks is wonderful and, hopefully, it will be a few...
post removed as I didn't check the link first.
I'm confused. Surely you're not faulting Apple's lightning connector for you buying "four inexpensive Lightning adapters" (non-Apple type) that didn't work? ... What am I missing here?
It's early for me and I've only had one cup of coffee, so I might be wrong, but the article has Google Drive at this:  "That same $100 per year would buy twice the space -- 100 gigabytes -- from Dropbox or Box.com and a whopping 10 terabytes from Google Drive". .... but the graph says this :  1TB for 119.88. Coloured me confused.   
        See what I mean? 🌻
No, not at all, but I'm of the opinion that it is better to keep a closed mouth and be thought a fool, than to open it and be proven one.
Competence is in the eye of the beholder. Name one other company with the "built in demand" for info, thus keeping people interested in Apple. PR is, by nature of the job, run very differently than any other segment of a company. One should never expect the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the PR arm of any company. That is not the mandate of PR. To think otherwise is to show a complete misunderstanding of what PR is. Everyone should just STFU and wish...
The  "Microsoft throwing Apple a lifeline by launching MS Office for the Mac" bit happened as much for MS as it did for Apple. That was necessary to wrap up a settlement in the on going  lawsuit re: ms copy of Apple software....and also, MS got shares for their 150 million "investment in Apple that, if they had kept them , would be worth over 1 Billion $$$ today. Some "lifeline".
Some people keep saying that yet, no one ever attempts to bring some real info, as opposed to just anecdotal personal experience (which may or not be true) to the table. Activity monitor tells me a different story about iTunes. The best quote from the whole "beats deal" was this, from Jimmy Iovine":  "See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it." Me thinks things...