or Connect

Posts by newbee

The  "Microsoft throwing Apple a lifeline by launching MS Office for the Mac" bit happened as much for MS as it did for Apple. That was necessary to wrap up a settlement in the on going  lawsuit re: ms copy of Apple software....and also, MS got shares for their 150 million "investment in Apple that, if they had kept them , would be worth over 1 Billion $$$ today. Some "lifeline".
Some people keep saying that yet, no one ever attempts to bring some real info, as opposed to just anecdotal personal experience (which may or not be true) to the table. Activity monitor tells me a different story about iTunes. The best quote from the whole "beats deal" was this, from Jimmy Iovine":  "See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it." Me thinks things...
Waiting for WWDC so they'll "have new ammunition". /s
Maybe it's just a case of others recognizing Google Glass for being the crap it is.
 Any company can introduce crap, unfinished product, pie in the sky products that don't have a hope in hell of succeeding. That's a sure sign of a leaderless company that has no clear vision, nor a clear path to the future, and tries to "baffle them with bullshit". The thing is.....Apple doesn't "do bullshit". Plain and simple. End of story. That philosophy has worked exceedingly well to date, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are dozens of "market reports"...
In my opinion, it's not just that Samsung copies that make them an evil company, it's the total reputation they've received over the years, the TOTAL copying of iPhone, for instance, the different companies they've ripped off (Pioneer and others). Do yourself a favour and read this Vanity Fair article. If you read this and still don't mind "supporting" Samsung, I can't help you. For me, the decision to never knowingly buy anything from Samsung was easy. I could never hope...
As Will Rodgers once said:  "Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it".
In my case, 2 of our 3 children have red hair .... very, very red hair. My wife had red hair as a young girl but over the years it has grown to a light brown. The two redheads "wear their hearts on their sleeves". Their passion knows no bounds .... positive or negative. My eldest and myself are night and day different. We do a slow burn when ticked off ...... and tend to forget and forgive  s l o w l y.  The other two and my wife are like fireworks .... they take off,...
I have to tell you that it's "a little neat" for me too. The fact that I've been retired (in other words, unemployed) for 7 years now will help explain that I just (in the last month) purchased an "experienced" Mac capable of running Mavericks. Now, if I could only pry it from my wife's hands I'd be ecstatic. My computer is a 2006  (32bit)  24" iMac, that still runs fine but SL is as high as I can upgrade. An iPad 2 exists somewhere in our household .... I know, because I...
Wow!  My hearts all a flutter. That's the first time I've beat anyone ....  at anything. Thanks for that.