or Connect

Posts by newbee

In my opinion, it's not just that Samsung copies that make them an evil company, it's the total reputation they've received over the years, the TOTAL copying of iPhone, for instance, the different companies they've ripped off (Pioneer and others). Do yourself a favour and read this Vanity Fair article. If you read this and still don't mind "supporting" Samsung, I can't help you. For me, the decision to never knowingly buy anything from Samsung was easy. I could never hope...
As Will Rodgers once said:  "Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it".
In my case, 2 of our 3 children have red hair .... very, very red hair. My wife had red hair as a young girl but over the years it has grown to a light brown. The two redheads "wear their hearts on their sleeves". Their passion knows no bounds .... positive or negative. My eldest and myself are night and day different. We do a slow burn when ticked off ...... and tend to forget and forgive  s l o w l y.  The other two and my wife are like fireworks .... they take off,...
I have to tell you that it's "a little neat" for me too. The fact that I've been retired (in other words, unemployed) for 7 years now will help explain that I just (in the last month) purchased an "experienced" Mac capable of running Mavericks. Now, if I could only pry it from my wife's hands I'd be ecstatic. My computer is a 2006  (32bit)  24" iMac, that still runs fine but SL is as high as I can upgrade. An iPad 2 exists somewhere in our household .... I know, because I...
Wow!  My hearts all a flutter. That's the first time I've beat anyone ....  at anything. Thanks for that.  
As soon as I heard that the jury reached a decision "a few minutes" before the end of the day Friday, I assumed it was going to be bad for Apple. The indication was the jury didn't want to deliberate over the weekend and was rushed into reaching a verdict quickly. The next few days should yield some "interesting" information over this decision. I look forward to it. I hope at the Apple appeal, a different judge/jury will be better suited to punish Samsung.   For a very...
Apple's goal (or focus, if you will) as it's been stated many times from Steve to Tim and a lot of others as well, is to produce the very best products, services and user experience that it's capable of. The fact that this philosophy also produces record profits should not take away from it's goal ....and, thanks to Tim and others strength of character ... it doesn't. That strong, unwavering purpose takes into consideration a lot of pieces of the puzzle.. I understand that...
You know, there will always be "somebody" who "falls between the cracks". As you know, Apple have never been the type of company that tries to "please everyone, all the time." What they are very good at is reading the marketplace and the current state of technology and marrying the two together. The other thought that occurred to me is this. I think when a lot of the people here say Apple should "update" more frequently..... what they likely mean is that there should be...
One:  Show me a "non Apple" computer that exceeds the design of the latest iMac, and don't forget that a lot of the "other guys" are "following" the all in one design that Apple does.  Two:  Is there any other entry level desktop that offers what the mac mini does, especially when you consider free iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Mavericks OS,  ....all of which are updated for free, plus another dozen or so, that I can remember, anyway.
I see your point. The thing is, as you say, most people don't do that, and I think it's for a good reason. Let's say, for instance, that most people's needs/wants are met with an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop/desktop computer. That's 3 items that, in terms of a change in technology, probably should be "updated" every 3 years or so, if you want to stay relatively current with "computer capability", no? So, do you change all 3 in 1 year, at great cost and wait 2 years to...