or Connect

Posts by newbee

As soon as I heard that the jury reached a decision "a few minutes" before the end of the day Friday, I assumed it was going to be bad for Apple. The indication was the jury didn't want to deliberate over the weekend and was rushed into reaching a verdict quickly. The next few days should yield some "interesting" information over this decision. I look forward to it. I hope at the Apple appeal, a different judge/jury will be better suited to punish Samsung.   For a very...
Apple's goal (or focus, if you will) as it's been stated many times from Steve to Tim and a lot of others as well, is to produce the very best products, services and user experience that it's capable of. The fact that this philosophy also produces record profits should not take away from it's goal ....and, thanks to Tim and others strength of character ... it doesn't. That strong, unwavering purpose takes into consideration a lot of pieces of the puzzle.. I understand that...
You know, there will always be "somebody" who "falls between the cracks". As you know, Apple have never been the type of company that tries to "please everyone, all the time." What they are very good at is reading the marketplace and the current state of technology and marrying the two together. The other thought that occurred to me is this. I think when a lot of the people here say Apple should "update" more frequently..... what they likely mean is that there should be...
One:  Show me a "non Apple" computer that exceeds the design of the latest iMac, and don't forget that a lot of the "other guys" are "following" the all in one design that Apple does.  Two:  Is there any other entry level desktop that offers what the mac mini does, especially when you consider free iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Mavericks OS,  ....all of which are updated for free, plus another dozen or so, that I can remember, anyway.
I see your point. The thing is, as you say, most people don't do that, and I think it's for a good reason. Let's say, for instance, that most people's needs/wants are met with an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop/desktop computer. That's 3 items that, in terms of a change in technology, probably should be "updated" every 3 years or so, if you want to stay relatively current with "computer capability", no? So, do you change all 3 in 1 year, at great cost and wait 2 years to...
If it ain't broke .... don't fix it!  
 So which "non Apple" desktop is better than the current iMac?
Do car manufacturers release different models every quarter? TVs? Refrigerators? Anything of any consequence? Companies like Samsung do it because they are going after market share, rather than profit share, and they live to the creed of: "If you have nothing of "value" to show them ..... baffle them with bullshit...and often.  Apple has it right, imo, and that is demonstrated by it's tremendous growth that is the envy of most all other companies. Have patience,...
News of a blogger who seemingly "switches sides" is not uncommon lately. Witness Florian Mueller's more recent blogs, for example. The thing that I find "interesting" is how it seems to be happening at a quicker pace since it was revealed that Samsung (and presumably others) were actually paying people to blog favourably toward them and unfavourably  towards Apple. Coincidence?  Maybe, but I think this issue will be one we learn a lot more about in the very near future. It...
This sounds like Google's version of:  "Honest, it's not you, it's me.  😌