or Connect

Posts by Foo2

No kidding. If everybody keeps buying the current model, we'll never see an iPad with integrated camera.
CR did replicate the poor behavior in their testing. CR wasn't the original discoverer, but that's irrelevant. CR reaches a different cross-section of consumers than AnandTech, people who have paid to be informed. CR is doing their job and, in my opinion, doing it well.You're totally off base. All it takes is one finger or a light touch in the wrong location on the iPhone 4 to knock its reception down a lot.Oh, pulleaze.
From Apple's perspective, the iPhone 4 antenna will soon be a complete non-issue, because no support category exists for problems encountered using the iPhone 4 as a phone.
AnandTech's conclusion: "At the end of the day, Apple should add an insulative coating to the stainless steel band, or subsidize bumper cases. It's that simple."
You need to read better. Anand could also write better, but his meaning is still clear enough when read without bias. The iPhone 4 suffers from terrible attenuation just by holding it naturally, but when enclosed in a bumper case it performs great.
It wasn't in the same paragraph. He makes this proviso a little earlier in the article."If you add a bumper case to the iPhone 4, the signal strength drop from holding the device is on par if not better than other phones."And a little later in the article:"With my bumper case on, I made it further into dead zones than ever before, and into marginal areas that would always drop calls without any problems at all."
As AnandTech states, only when the iPhone 4 is in a case. You forgot that little detail.
Not when held "wrong".
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Thanks, CR! Apple says it doesn't seem to be as big of a problem as it did initially... because they've been giving away free cases and people use them. DUH. Why shouldn't Apple be compelled to provide a choice of case, when the flawed antenna design was their choice?