or Connect

Posts by razorpit

Let me add to your prediction.  In 18 months they'll finally support HealthKit but it will be too late.  Won't matter though, they will still cry Apple put them out of business. I still can't believe the (arguably) leading manufacture of health tracking devices won't open up to HealthKit.  Their only option for them to stay relevant at this point is to share data with HealthKit.  Fitbit has the ability to build select devices at a price Apple doesn't care to compete in.
Apple got people so use to OTA updates that they fogot how to use iTunes to update. That's the real reason for the low iOS adoption rate. At one time that would have been considered an unacceptable compromise. I know of someone who recently got an 8GB phone who didn't know any better. To me that's criminal for Apple to offer that and lock someone into a two-year contract.. How do you think buyers will feel once they realize how useless that device is?
I could be wrong but I think the only one he was trolling were Chromebook users.  If you are a Chromebook user then you're in the wrong forum... 
Man, I remember when the 2012 Mini's were launched and there was great uproar (myself included) over the removal of a dedicated video card.  As it turns out the 2012 machine crushed the model it replaced in performance.  Now before the reviews are in everyone is all worked up about the new specs.  You know what kids, I'm going to sit this one out until I see how it performs...   Also, by the way I ended up buying a 2012 model with the Fusion drive.  Nice machine, use it...
Bad analogy. There are more Civics and Corolla's on the road than any other vehicle. To those who drive one it's their bragging right. May not mean much to you but in Honda's and Toyota's business model that's a big piece of the pie.
Yes, I simplified by only mentioning one group of users, but you're right. There are more users who don't follow sites such as these or other news sources. Ironically Apple recommends all users install the patch... 😞
I know there were some concerns originally about how DHCP is handled and if that could be exploited.  The word today is that normal clients need not worry, but still why not just added it to the updates?  My parents heard about the exploit on the news.  They know "the issue" is out there, Apple has the patch, why not make it simple to get and install?  For them the problem would be "fixed".
 One of the problems of this argument is that CO2 is such a tiny, tiny part of our atmosphere.  There have been times where the CO2 has been considerably higher than it is now before we were even around, and everything has managed to work out so far.  Again I think there are far too many questions at this point for anyone to claim they can "reverse the trend" when we don't have the complete knowledge of what the "trend" is. WARNING:  Quoting me may cause accelerated wear...
Wish it would show up there.  Would make it a heck of a lot easier to tell my folks how to do the update.  Any one know what it doesn't appear in the software update?  I thought we were past the days of having to download a package from a web address and running an installer.  Sure, its simple enough for most of us here to do, but what about parents/grandparents who don't know this site exists?
No, I mentioned a specific case where ice over top of an underwater volcanic eruption melted.  The ice shelf elsewhere has grown.  Snow has fallen in areas where it has not fell in 100 years.  Over the last three years my utility bills have shown the monthly average being 2-3 degrees cooler than the previous year.  From everything I've experienced and read it's getting cooler, not warmer.  I get to travel across the U.S. for work (industrial applications) and every one I...