or Connect

Posts by razorpit

I know there were some concerns originally about how DHCP is handled and if that could be exploited.  The word today is that normal clients need not worry, but still why not just added it to the updates?  My parents heard about the exploit on the news.  They know "the issue" is out there, Apple has the patch, why not make it simple to get and install?  For them the problem would be "fixed".
 One of the problems of this argument is that CO2 is such a tiny, tiny part of our atmosphere.  There have been times where the CO2 has been considerably higher than it is now before we were even around, and everything has managed to work out so far.  Again I think there are far too many questions at this point for anyone to claim they can "reverse the trend" when we don't have the complete knowledge of what the "trend" is. WARNING:  Quoting me may cause accelerated wear...
Wish it would show up there.  Would make it a heck of a lot easier to tell my folks how to do the update.  Any one know what it doesn't appear in the software update?  I thought we were past the days of having to download a package from a web address and running an installer.  Sure, its simple enough for most of us here to do, but what about parents/grandparents who don't know this site exists?
No, I mentioned a specific case where ice over top of an underwater volcanic eruption melted.  The ice shelf elsewhere has grown.  Snow has fallen in areas where it has not fell in 100 years.  Over the last three years my utility bills have shown the monthly average being 2-3 degrees cooler than the previous year.  From everything I've experienced and read it's getting cooler, not warmer.  I get to travel across the U.S. for work (industrial applications) and every one I...
The issue isn't wether the temperature in the sea is changing, it is always changing, the issue is whether it's man made change as some have complained. Those who believe it is man made want controls in place to give themselves some drastic powers that extend farther than what most people realize. Apple as a company would be greatly impacted if they were to be put in place and Tim Cook should be aware of this if he is out making such bold statements. It's great Apple is...
I learned a lot from that site, things you don't see covered anywhere else.  Things like, back when every one was talking about the warming trends, this site had a database of where all the temperature stations were.  It amazed me to see these stations location above portable air-conditioning units, out in the middle of blacktop parking lots, mounted on tin roofs, etc.  Also no one else bothered to do the investigation that when stations came out of service it was units...
The guy had 25 years in meteorology, Al Gore doesn't have 25 seconds in the subject. So we're all to believe your squiggly graph but ignore an entire site dedicate to debunking the myth? Your pictures are entertaining but draw away from the discussion. You can continue to keep your head in the sand but the walls of the argument for global warming have long started to fall, so much so that the term is now avoided by the same people who started the whole scam in the first...
Ha, funny pic. Your uncle's van?So, after spending time researching stories on that site what article(s) do you have issues with?
For answers to that and many other exciting questions spend a little time here; http://wattsupwiththat.com The truth will set you free!
There is one way Apple could be doomed from this.  If all the business, software, and hardware experts in this forum got together to build their own ecosystem there is no way Apple/Microsoft/Google/Samusung/Amazon could possibly survive...