or Connect

Posts by razorpit

I'm guessing not everyone appreciates a group of chirppy androgynous 20-somethings?
I'm curious as to what DVR function were you expecting?  As long as iTunes is around I see no cable tuner or DVR functionality ever coming to the AppleTV. 
I hate it. I love it. Nothing more to be said! ;-)
I remember when Sony's Mavica used a 3.5" floppy.  Pictures were only 640 x 480 if I remember correctly.  The thing ate AA batteries like no one's business.  I want to say it was like 8-10 at a time? Later I remember wondering WTF when they introduced the memory stick, wondering why they didn't just use a CF card like everyone else.  
 Your stance until now was that you couldn't call them liars even though everyone else recognized that to be the case.  Glad to see you're finally onboard with at least some suspect of them being full of crap.  If "Colombo were still alive" he would be proud knowing you weren't taking someone's story at face value...
I hope you're right.  Not too long ago I left a company where the hate of all things Apple in the IT department was unreal.  Few people if any in the company wanted the crap phones and computers IT was handing out. Ironic because we were reminded on a daily basis from the person at the top who our customers were, internal and external.  None of that applied to the IT department.  They did whatever the hell they wanted.
Fair enough...
 At this point I have no sympathy for the jailbreaking community.  Even in the early days of jailbreaking when you could make an argument for doing it I never saw the value of hacking something that contains the amount of personal information the average smartphone contains...
At this point it's kind of cute how you believe Swatch marketing was channeling this almost forgotten character from the 70's; and not this, considering all the success they have had surrounding their "one more thing" over the last 20 some odd years... Just one more thing, what is the "one more thing" Swatch is so known for?  I haven't noticed anything new or note worthy from them since around 1988'ish, give or take a year or two.
""blow away" current, "junky" smart TV interfaces"   That's a rather easy bar to beat.  From the brief experiences I've had trying to use "current" smart TV interfaces my now ancient second gen AppleTV is considerably better IMHO.