or Connect

Posts by razorpit

Probably because somewhere they share a common library and that library is going to get updated.  The file needs to be closed for that to happen.
 Now you're just being racist.  
All I can think of is Jimmy Paek whenever I read this...
And don't forget Al Gore, he's an entirely different species!
That's a good question.  Another one is how much land is used to generate that energy.  Also every one likes to quote peak output of a panel array, under ideal circumstances.  I'd like to know the average output, over the course of a full year.  The push towards alternative technologies is great, but at the same time I think we need to be a little more realistic on where everything is today.  People see this ad and think wow, Apple is running on pure sunshine and that's...
Carnegie Mellon is in Pittsburgh as is an Apple Dev Center, at least there was a few years back. Not sure if it's still there.
Me thinks he doth protest too much.
 Oh man, don't go down that road...
You are correct. One podcast, I believe it was MacBreak Weekly had a great explanation of how that works. It was something to the effect of somehow Apple is able to amortize the costs of developing the software in the sell of each piece of hardware. If I remember the discussion correctly they are able to spread that write down over three years. The deemed useful life of a computer/phone.I'm not an accountant and I don't know all the technicalities of it but in a nutshell...
In all fairness people had a lot of reasons to bitch six months ago. In Apple's defense they have been releasing steady updates to address many of the complaints. If this would have been the version released last year there would have been a lot less bitching.Apparently they were under the gun to get something released before MS Office made its big debut.Good updates Apple, keep it coming, you're not done yet.