or Connect

Posts by razorpit

That worked for me for about two weeks before everything slowed down again.
Torch? Ironically that's what I'd like to do to my work BlackBerry!
BINGO! Without any viable competition there is no reason for them to introduce a new version right now. This is being saved for the day when someone else enters the scene with a unit that has a camera. Then iPod Touch Maxi 2.0 gets released with everything missing from iPod Touch Maxi 1.0, complete with a price drop. Thank you early adopters....
What doesn't make sense to me is that other than the radio aren't the original and 3G the same? My guess is there is a lot of software work that has to be done to make iOS4 work on the older 2G only radio. With such a limited number of them still in use it doesn't make financial sense to spend the resources on it. Lets face it, three years on a phone like this is an eternity. Even two years is pushing the edge. Even though I'm planning on upgrading to an iPhone 4, I...
That may be true where you work but not for me. Laptops have become powerful enough that in many use cases they can replace desktop machines in an office environment. Our IT department doesn't even order desktop boxes anymore unless someone provides a good cause for one. Now everyone has their laptop connected to an external monitor/keyboard. This setup lets them be mobile and (here's the key) work from home if a situation arises. That becomes a little harder to do...
That would be great. I'm with you on trying to get time to do a restore. After the 4 hours it took to go to 4.0 I am in no hurry to restart that process anytime soon. Although I may have already lost that much time waiting for pages in Safari to load...
I was one of the fools who upgraded my 3G. I now have a phone that is terribly slow, crashes often, and almost unusable. I'm goin to wait an see what the 4.1 update brings bit if there are no improvements the number of people running iOS 4 is going to go down by one while the number of 3.1.3 users will increase by one. I wish Apple would have just cut off 3G users with the original iPhone users.
This could be a BIG opportunity for Apple. Currently my local store is clueless when it comes to answering questions about OSX Server. While that might have been acceptable in the past in a retail environment, the new Mini Server pretty much requires you to have a few members of the staff on hand able to answer questions other than, "Can I sync my iPod/iPhone/iPad with this?"
Nice write-up. I've been considering a Mini server for a while while going back and forth between it and an iMac. We need a new computer in the house and it seems like this is the best option at the moment. I think it offers the best $/performance at the moment* without getting in to the iMac territory. While I have zero information to back this up I think we a re due for a major change in OS/iMac design. Given what Apple has learned over the last 4 years working on...
Easy Veruca dear, daddy will buy you an Oompa as soon as possible...