or Connect

Posts by razorpit

My $.02, I was a Parallels user since 2.0, upgraded to 3.0, but had a lot of issues with 4.0 that were never worked out. I tried Virtual Box when it was first released and had some issues there. I was under a deadline and couldn't wait for updates to Virtual Box so I jumped ship to VMware. It's works great, as advertised. To me it was worth spending a little extra $ to get the job done. Would I go back to Parallels? No. Their support response time became very slow...
I agree. It was simple and straight forward. I only used the Palm Desktop on PC's, and it worked perfectly, I never had duplicates or missing data after sync's. Unfortunately the fields available in the address book became a little outdated, but I was able to live with it. There are times I'd prefer to have the Palm Desktop software and a mail application like the "good old days"... I can't believe that two years later I still can't view iCal tasks natively on my...
I'm with you. I never saw the point of Apple TV. For how much it costs and how little it does, why wouldn't you just get a Mini?
Wow, I guess that settles it then. So in your world, do pilots have no credibility because they are actually above the roads? How about road construction crews? They do some pretty risky things standing out on the roads when they work. I guess if a motorcycle cop pulls you over you can tell him to get lost, he doesn't know what he's talking about? Sounds stupid? Well so does your argument of me not being able to criticize auto drivers because I'm on a bike. Can I...
Wow, you never met me and yet you think you know how I ride? I guess the Internet really does know all!
As a motorcyclist I see my fare share of idiots on the road. Many of them shouldn't have a license in the first place. I wish there was more emphasis on the fact driving is a privilege, not a right. With that said though I do think there are people capable of doing both, not necessarily in every environment though. If you can't conduct a phone call on the interstate while driving then it is time to turn in the license. However I hang up the phone when traffic gets bad...
Nope, he said when driving, not when he was driving. That could mean when someone else was driving. Even still, if he's a good enough driver to multitask, then have at it. Some people can chew bubble gum and walk at the same time.I think Tom Tom wants to price this high as not to cannibalize sales of their GPS units. Companies like Tom Tom and Garmin want to sell their own hardware, thats where they make the money. That's why you don't see a big push for these...
What if he's in the passenger seat?
I currently do that and it works okay. Time Machine backups are slow, but I don't know if it is any slower than using a TimeCapsule. I recently started running out of hard drive space on my laptop and started using the Drobo more as a storage for larger files and libraries. I pulled the Drobo from the AE and use it through the firewire connection and backups are blazingly fast. I use Backblaze for redundant offsite storage and by connecting the Drobo via firewire the...
Don't worry, there is no way on this green earth SJ is going to let Verizon get anywhere near the app store. If anything, you may see, "Apple's App Store brought to you by the good people at Verizon" or something like that. I believe Verizon's app store will be for the "dumber" smart phones and the ones which don't have applications on them today. Now that the industry has seen how successful apps can be, everyone is going to get in to the act over the next year or two...