or Connect

Posts by razorpit

Same with my wife and her mother. Grandma who lives 7 hours away wants pictures of our son "text messaged" to her cellphone. MMS makes it a lot easier for my wife to do it.That made my drink come out of my nose....
I love the comment about QuickTime Pro: QuickTime Pro: Can you believe the Apple folks used to charge for this thing? I guess they saw the writing on the wall, what with Microsoft releasing yet another excellent iteration of its free Movie Maker application. Way to play that reactionary card, Apple! Because everyone is eagerly waiting for the next MS Movie Maker....
I know what you are saying, but for me it was the Palm because that is the USB connection I needed, for other people they had different issues with USB support. I miss the Parallels of old, you're right about how their support use to be. --Dave
I hope you don't mind me butting in but in version 4.0 the were some serious problems performing a Palm USB sync with the virtual machine. Most people would say "so what?" but I was working on a project for a company that required me to do some coding on a Windows machine and sync data back and forth. Version 4.0 also caused several slow downs that did get better as the updates slowly came out, but it was too little, too late. Their support at one time was steller but...
My $.02, I was a Parallels user since 2.0, upgraded to 3.0, but had a lot of issues with 4.0 that were never worked out. I tried Virtual Box when it was first released and had some issues there. I was under a deadline and couldn't wait for updates to Virtual Box so I jumped ship to VMware. It's works great, as advertised. To me it was worth spending a little extra $ to get the job done. Would I go back to Parallels? No. Their support response time became very slow...
I agree. It was simple and straight forward. I only used the Palm Desktop on PC's, and it worked perfectly, I never had duplicates or missing data after sync's. Unfortunately the fields available in the address book became a little outdated, but I was able to live with it. There are times I'd prefer to have the Palm Desktop software and a mail application like the "good old days"... I can't believe that two years later I still can't view iCal tasks natively on my...
I'm with you. I never saw the point of Apple TV. For how much it costs and how little it does, why wouldn't you just get a Mini?
Wow, I guess that settles it then. So in your world, do pilots have no credibility because they are actually above the roads? How about road construction crews? They do some pretty risky things standing out on the roads when they work. I guess if a motorcycle cop pulls you over you can tell him to get lost, he doesn't know what he's talking about? Sounds stupid? Well so does your argument of me not being able to criticize auto drivers because I'm on a bike. Can I...
Wow, you never met me and yet you think you know how I ride? I guess the Internet really does know all!
As a motorcyclist I see my fare share of idiots on the road. Many of them shouldn't have a license in the first place. I wish there was more emphasis on the fact driving is a privilege, not a right. With that said though I do think there are people capable of doing both, not necessarily in every environment though. If you can't conduct a phone call on the interstate while driving then it is time to turn in the license. However I hang up the phone when traffic gets bad...