or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

@wizard69    I agree that the next generation of Intel chips is likely to be very interesting. Intel has had a hell of time shrinking the die from 22 nm to 14 nm. It was a huge leap. Now that we're there, the reduction in motherboard size allows for all kind of GPU options. With Intel GPUs starting to get much better, we should see a useful graphics improvements despite Apple being conservative. Skylake has better power management while a smaller chipset also allows for...
The bottom line is that the form factor of the new 12" MacBook is stunning. For anyone who needs a highly portable laptop for email, office applications, surfing the web, watching movies, and for the limited editing of photos and home videos, this machine is a no brainer. No one, including Apple, would pretend that this is anything other than an entry-level machine. The clue is in the name: MacBook not MacBook Pro or anything else. That said, I note three very apt...
First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they try and beat you down. Finally, the copy you saying that they had the same idea all along. USB-C isn't so last year, it's tomorrow, today.
This machine sounds really exciting. It sounds as if it'll be a bit like a larger iPad with a keyboard. If it has built-in LTE connectivity, then it will be even better. Could be perfect travel companion for people who need to send longish emails, review documents and watch movies when on the move. I wonder if it might have a touch screen as well as a keyboard and track pad?
You must be Scott Forstall, then. Fail.
I agree that the new iWork programs are a great improvement on the previous ones. I think they've made the interface much simpler and easier to use. The side panel tool bar is an excellent development. I genuinely think Pages and Keynote are now better than Microsoft PowerPoint precisely because they have been simplified. I was able to create a brand new presentation so much faster than before.      The seamless experience across platforms via iCloud is excellent. I love...
I think this thread is interesting not because Ming-Chi Kuo is right or wrong about any particular future Apple product that may be in development, but because it's important to consider what Apple does with its laptop line-up.   It makes perfect sense to merge the 11" and 13" MBAs into a single MacBook model. If it has a retina display, the difference between a standard MacBook and Pro model may be only be in name. Why not migrate to a single line-up all with retina...
Look guys, I just want a bigger screen. Why does shitty Samsung offer one, but Apple not? I believe I'm not alone in my desire. I have no intention of jumping ship to Samsung. iOS 7 alone is enough to make me stick with Apple. But a 4.5" screen or a 5" one would be great. Is it too much to ask for an iPhone with different screen size options. Seriously? 
If the only thing Apple changes on the next iPhone is a screw then it's screwed. The market has been asking Apple to offer its iPhone products in different screen sizes for some time. The lack of an iPad Mini allowed both Samsung and Amazon to get into the 7" market. Similarly, the lack of a 4-5"iPhone has allowed Samsung, Sony, and Blackberry to compete with the iPhone. Sure, the IPhone is still the brand leader, but Samsung has gained a significant market share rapidly...
By any measure, Mavericks is a lame name. In fact, the best other recent example of a great brand coming up with ridiculous name was Ferrari calling its latest supercar the LaFerrari. Ferrari or Apple, both products will sell well regardless of name. The real point is that it doesn't matter. What WWDC 2013 tells me is that iOS and OSX are on a course for total convergence. It's what they call the combined operating system that matters.    What's wrong with naming...