or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

The prospect of Centrino 2 equipped Apple notebooks that combine a significant leap in computing power with same power consumption of existing MacBooks is very enticing. I wonder if such a chip will be found in the new MacBook Pro? The answer has to be a 'yes'. Penryn,combined with Montevina appears to be a giant leap forward versus Santa Rosa, so I can't understand why so many people are fixated on Nehalem, which is more than a year down the track.
The stock analyst community thinks that Apple will revise its laptop designs. Whether they are privy to inside information or not, it is something they believe Apple should do, given the age of the existing line-up. These people have a good aggregate view of Apple's strategy. For these reasons I am convinced that new machines are days away. I tend to think that MacBook Pros will arrive before MacBooks, but believe Apple needs new MacBooks in time for the...
Nice post. I think you are spot on.
Does anyone know what Apple competitors are planning re: Montevina systems. A timetable for launch of rival PCs from Dell, Sony, HP/ Compaq and Lenovo would provide a more reliable indication of when we can expect updated MacBooks from Apple. mjteix / mAc-warrior you could be right about only the MBP being updated, but since the bulk of purchases for college users are likely to be the cheaper MacBook, it could be a missed opportunity to delay revising the MB range....
Point taken, aaple, but... You're a smart guy, right? You know your Mac hardware well, just like most people. Do you think people are really fooled by word 'Pro'? I am not so sure. Not so long ago, the sheer breadth of Intel's offerings was such that computer manufacturers needed different sub-brand names in order to segment demand for their products. In recent years, however, Intel's chip line-up has been consolidated. For this reason I think the difference between...
Nikeddemus, I am convinced that new Apple laptops will arrive in time for the back-to-college buying season. That means a June launch. I am sure that prices will be broadly in line with existing line-ups. I wonder if new MacBooks or MacBook Pros will arrive first. The answer could be neither. What I am beginning to think is that there will be a single range of new laptops, i.e. one universal enclosure design in aluminium available in 13", 15" and 17" models, all with...
Based on the stories that have appeared today, re: AT&T black etc. do the great and the good assembled on this illustrious forum think a black plastic iPhone is more or less likely?
Thanks for this post, because it raises an important and rather overlooked issue. The Mighty Mouse is not so mighty. It was okay in its day, but tech has moved on. I'd like to see something that is ergonomically more comfortable in terms of fitting into the ball of your hand. The tiny scrolling ball effort gets tiring quite quickly. So there is definitely room for improvement.
I disagree. I fully expect the WWDC to be MacWorld (Part Deux) with significant hardware releases. Sure there'll be lots about the iPhone and iPhone SDK AND v2.0 software, but Apple's core laptop line-up is way overdue for serious refreshment. They've announced that new models are on the way and with Montevina/ Centrino 2 due any day, Apple's competitors will all be readying new models. So, I certainly expect to see the new MacBook Pro range, but maybe we'll get a new...
Please explain.