or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

As Engadget reports something is afoot. Apple cannot afford to leave retail channels empty of inventory for a whole month. Hell, it's almost 10% of the annual sales period. They'd be crazy. No, I think this signifies that Apple is about to launch two new iPhones. One should arrive within days, the other will be launched at the WWDC. If this is the case, it will be fascinating to see how they differ. Of course, I may be wrong. But Apple needs a new iPhone now and it...
Am i correct in thinking that USB 3.0 will allow video signals to be transmitted effectively? If this is the case, then Apple could forego the DVI slot and allow an external monitor to be attached via a USB port. in other words the MacBook Air could have two USB ports without major design changes. Just a thought. Whether this happens or not, I have to agree that the MacBook Air is already an exceptional machine. With the first revision due in September, when Intel...
This is an extraordinary story. I cannot imagine any other consumer goods company doing anything similar. You've got to be very confident to leave the channel empty for so long! So Apple must be really pleased with iPhone 2.0. Here we all are chasing tidbits of info about it, My money is on the same kind of hype that accompanied the launch of the first one.
I am relieved that we can ignore the pictures of the new iPhone published so far. All of them, had they been real, would have represented a step backwards. I guess Apple's track record means we should more faith in them. I am sure the next gen model will be superb. Rather like the excellent MacBook Pro which has soldiered on in the same enclosure for years now, why change something that works? If I were to change one thing about the iPhone it would be to make...
I love my metallic iPhone. It has a robust feeling of quality and durability about it. I'm not sure i want to replace it with a revolting black plastic 3G version. if what we have seen so far is indicative of what will arrive, i can't say that I am likely to be n any kind of a hurry to get one. From what I have seen iphone 2.0 looks cheap and flimsy. I am I alone in this view or do other iPhone users feel the same way? I'm interested to hear. In the meantime, let's hope...
I wonder if Apple will abandon exclusive carrier agreements when the 3G iPhone is launched in the UK.I imagine that Vodafone is itching to claw back the customers it has lost to 02.
Great post! Thank you. I didn't know what the chip speeds would be and rather relied on an expert like you to provide them, so thank you. Also, adding potential screen resolutions was interesting. If we get 1650 x 1080 on a 15" MBP, that would be sweet. Your comments make a lot of sense. I think the line-up you suggest is almost certain to arrive. The question is how will Apple package these offerings to maximize revenues and consumer appeal?
Thanks THT, great additional stuff contributed by you! This 3G iPhone has got me excited. I am totally confident that it is going to be a great product, whatever it looks like. That said, I have to say that the form factor of the current iPhone is just about perfect in my book. It is beautifully thin and not too heavy. Screen real estate is perfectly balanced with an overall size that fits nicely in the hand when making a call and easily in a shirt or jacket...
This is what I'm hearing; - There will be two new iPhone models not just one; one is black plastic and the other is aluminum - The 3g iPhones used for testing have a different design from the real thing, i.e. they're decoy designs - 3g iPhone is fatter than current design - Revised model will be avaliable in 16 Gb, 32 Gb and 64 Gb models - There is some new killer app incorporated within the IPhone, it may be video calling Anyone else got the scoop?
I think this is a very relevant and perceptive question. We're very used to TV programmes being broadcast over terrestrial or satellite systems, but what we're now witnessing is the internet becoming a proper broadcast medium. Forget traditional TV channels, any person anywhere with a video camera now has the technology at their disposal to become an independent TV broadcaster. This is radical. It means a person in Tibet or Iraq upload a video to You-Tube or some other...