or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

With Intel announcing a new 160 Gb SSD drive, with a 100Mb/ sec transfer rate, due to come on line in Q2, i.e. from March onwards, Apple could easily offer a revised MacBook Air within a month or too. Whether they will actually do this, however, is another question. Even if they don't, you could buy any existing MacBook Air model and upgrade either type of hard drive with a larger capacity one as soon as they become available. You might prefer to buy the less expensive...
90% of the replies to this thread are just plain immature. MS Office love it or loath it is the de facto standard productivity suite for 90% of the world's leading companies, so to dismiss it as worthless is also idiotic. I think this latest version is excellent, but then I'm running it on an Intel Mac with Leopard that's less than two years old. Nearly all of the complaints seem to come from people running Office on state-of-the-ark machines with processors that...
The next Mac OS 10.6 has got to be called either "Lion" or "Cougar".
This is excellent news, not only for upcoming MacBook Airs but also for the next MacBook Pros. The only thing stopping me from buying a MBA today is the limitations of the 64Gb SSD drive. Assuming that these new SSD drives arrive in June, I wonder how long it'll be before Apple upgrades the MBA.
shawnathan, Yes, my reputation is shot to pieces. But I was told two important facts:February 26 for the updateA new MBP enclosure design definitely in the works I therefore assumed automatically that the new MBP was arriving on said date. At least I got the date right, (you will notice I reported this correctly before the event). As you probably realise, I only got this information, because my contact let something slip during a conversation. Anyway, I stand by info...
mjteix, Brilliant post. Thanks very much for packing in so much interesting and useful info. Wel,l I'm up for Rev A, MacBook Air with 1.86GHz, 2GB DDR3-800, X4500 and 128GB SSD, I just wish it didn't have to cost $3199. I tend to think it is a mistake to buy new products on the first release, although Apple proved me wrong with the iPhone. That said, I am sure the revised MBA will be another step in the right direction.
I tend to agree with you tomp670 Personally, I don't think there is a need for a new chip in the MBA, but Intel is rapidly migrating vendors to Penryn/ Montevina. According to various other posts hereabouts, I understand that the Air should get a Centrino chip in June. As I'm sure you already know, the benefits will be a slightly faster processor, less heat and reduced poswer consumption. If I'm correct the Air has a 65 Nm chip on a 45 Nm die, therefore, it would...
Are you using your MBA as a primary computer. If so, what is it like. Please share your experience. If rumour on here is to be believed, Apple will update the Air in June with a new 45Nm Penryn processor on a Centrino 2 (Montevina) board. It will also get a 128 Gb SSD. Simply a 128 Gb SSD would be enough to make me buy one already. That said a second USB port would be fantastic. Anyway, goota love the MacBook Air. it's revolutionary.
if any of the guesses, rumours, half-truths and rare genuine facts we've been reading about here become reality, then the WWDC in June should be a mouth-watering proposition. This could well be the situation: 1. New MacBook Pro design - a subtle evolution of the present model that combines the best of the current design with that of the MacBook Air. It will have Montevina/ Penryn combination (Centrino 2) offering greater power, longer battery life, and all in a lighter,...
I think this is a very astute observation. But isn't there already a machine that fits this description: the Apple MacBook Air. When it was launched, everyone said where the hell is the DVD drive, but now with iTunes making movies so easily available, who needs it? The only reason I can think of having a DVD drive with a MacBook Air is to load software. But shouldn't the likes of Microsfot think about providing software on media other than DVDs? How about a USB memory...