or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

If true, then the advent of a 3G iPhone is indeed great news. I already own an 8Gb iPhone and I have to say I am absolutely delighted with it. It worked beautifully straight out of the box. I have had no problems with it at all. The pleasure I get from receiving emails on the go, watching You Tube videos, listening to songs via the on-board iPod, playing with the other stuff AND simply having a phone that WORKS FLAWLESSLY and SYNCS so RELIABLY with Microsoft Vista and...
I have been really impressed with the new MacBook Air. I particularly like the screen size, backlit keyboard and enlarged gesture trackpad. Best of all, I think the Solid State Hard Drive is incredibly practical, fast and a step in the right direction. So it is getting some real serious consideration, especially as the MBP refresh was so disappointing. Here are my questions: 1. Do any of you use it as a primary computer, if so are the disadvantages everyone talks about...
This is too little too late. Where are the new MBPs that have been seen at Cupertino? I guess it'll be another six months before they arrive. That means Apple will debut a Montevina MBP onths after everyone else. No wonder the share price is langusihing at $120. It deserves to. Talk about disappointed. I could cry.
The Apple online store is down in the USA, UK and other markets. Is this finally what we've all been waiting for? Let's hope so.
I am not sure you're right. I think the new prefix denotes the fact that the design is different. I have no basis in fact for saying this, but i do know that new MBPs are due very soon. Given that Ai says the reported price points are the same as before - yes they are MBPs and not MBs.
I think your point of view is interesting but incorrect. The limiting factor affecting how thin the MacBook Pro can become is not so much the size of the chipset but the thickness of the required ports. It is unlikely that a MacBook Pro will be much thinner than 20 mm (versus current 25 mm), not just because the video and ethernet ports alone take up some 15 mm of depth, but also because the biggest packaging headache is the DVD drive. Besides, if the MBP were too...
I am hearing that very few mainstream Penryn processor machines have shipped yet. Still Penryn supply does not yet appear to be optimised. WTF? Anyone else have info on this. If this is true, then it may mean that MBPs WILL not arrive Tuesday after all.
These are good observations about the design issues. Thank you. I think you're right, Ireland. Scope to make the MacBook Pro thinner is limited. I don't think they'll get it below 20-22 mm. But they should find 2 mm in the lid, because LED screens take up less space (any diagreeing trolls see MBA). And they should also find a further 2-3 mm in the body. MBP will definitely have Ethernet and Video out. It may indeed have Mini-DV instead of existing port. Not having...
Penryn is a much bigger jump over Santa Rosa than Nehalem will be over Penryn. Although Nehalem will move to a smaller die size, the relative performance upgrade will be limited. My own belief is that Penryn chips will be superb especially when mated with the Centrino 2 platform Montevina. Wait for Montevina which ships around June. Or just get a new MacBook Pro when they come out. Don't wait until 2009, because, as everyone else says, there is always something...
Amazon UK offering special discount on MBP 17 inch that must be claimed by Saturday tomorrow. John Lewis retail stores have no availability in any of their London department stores. Apple store in Regent Street has very few left.(Also completely sold out of MBA).