or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

I only just saw this image and based on the conversations I've had with people in the know, I think this is a very good approximation of what the new MBP will look like. Even so, this image doesn't convey the "wow" factor of the new MBA - by all accounts it isn't a whole lot thicker than MBA. Key points to note are: more rounded edges, thinner, lighter, larger gesture-enabled touchpad, and I suspect that the DVD drive opening will move to the right side of the machine...
I do not think that new MacBook Pros are coming this Tuesday (19th February). I think it will be the week after, (26th February) at the special event. This is a guess and not based on any info I have. I hope I am wrong. BTW, that's a cool photoshop image. Looks about right based on the collective wisdom of rumor merchants.
I think it is almost certain that Apple will produce a 13.3" notebook computer with an in-built DVD drive. There are two unanswered questions. One is will it be regular MacBook or a MacBook Pro? The other is when will it appear? I have heard reports of a new aluminium 13.3" model being tested in Cupertino, but don't know whether this is a Pro or regluar MacBook. Personally, I don't think it matters what they launch it as, so long as it has a decent graphics processor. ...
This is absolutely right. Part of the problem is the lack of reliable info from Intel about the cause of the delay. The first Penryn machines were meant to debut the week of MacWorld and while some new models are starting to appear, there was stillsome kind of manufacturing bottleneck unresolved as of Monday this week. Some manufacturers are getting around this by offering Penryn-based machines as custom builds, hoping that the 2-3 week build time will buy enough time to...
Prepare to eat your words. I shall expect a grovelling aopology.
There is no reliable info on Apple's plans for Silverthorne yet. The only reports have come from Appleinsider and are based on Intel Press Releases. The latest speculation is that Apple will use Silverthorne in a range of products to include a larger touch tablet, (aka Newton Take 2), a game machine and possibly a 3G iPhone. For sure, Apple is developing some kind of MacTouch product that looks like a bigger iPhone/ iPod Touch, but whatever it is, I doubt we'll see it this...
I work in the investment community in London and follow tech stocks very closely. We may be in London, but we know everyone in Redmond, Cupertino, San Jose, and Palo Alto. And if we don't know someone directly, we can always find someone who does. I also know Brits who work at Apple, although I quickly add that it is more than their job's worth to spill the beans. (That said, they do occasionally and unintentionally reveal things they shouldn't!)BTW, by all accounts screen...
The all new MacBook Pro was meant to make its debut at MacWorld in January. The big story was meant to be that while 2007 was all about the iPhone, 2008 would see Apple return to its roots: computers. Steve Jobs had planned to reveal a brand new 17" MacBook Pro, a brand new 15" MacBook Pro, (and, if my source is correct, there was even meant to be a brand new 13" model, but it isn't clear whether this was MacBook Pro or MacBook - but it is definitely aluminium). ...
The fact that a revised MacBook Pro still hasn't debuted when a whole host of other new Penryn-based systems have and given the huge pent-up demand for this machine evidenced by posts on Appleinsider alone, all point to more than just a new chip going into the existing case design. Likely spec:Slightly thinner (2cm instead of 2.5 cm?) Slightler lighter (5lbs instead of 5.4 lbs?) More rounded edges and tapered body like MacBook Air New keyboard New trackpad LED screen 15"...
Apple certainly hasn't made a strategic blunder with the MacBook AIr. More than that, often bleeding-edge technology takes a little time to gain consumer acceptance. You could say it is an "ahead of its time" machine Once you get a faster chip inside the MBA plus 128 GB of SSD memory and everyone has caught on to downloading movies from iTunes, this thing is going to sell in ever increasing numbers, especially if the price comes down. The trolls have failed to trash...