or Connect

Posts by Tailpipe

So funny because it's so true. He knows nothing. Like the rest of us.Whatever the rumours, it is a sure thing that next generation MacBooks will be impressive. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Come on Santa launch this computers already.
I think those of you who say that the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lines will merge into a single line-up are right.   The Air is a brilliant design. I have no doubt that the current 13" Air has cannibalised sales of the 13" MacBook Pro. The only barrier to switching for a lot of potential Air customers wasn't the GPU but the hard disk size. A capacity of 256 GB simply isn't enough for many users, especially when a single iTunes movie sucks up 1.5 to 2 GB of valuable...
    I hope not. Everyone has been eagerly anticipating new Mac laptops for some time.   I would have bought a Sandy Bridge 13" MacBook Air in a heartbeat last year when it was launched - if it had come with a 1 GB or even a 500 GB SSD drive. But 256 GB simply wasn't enough. So I decided to wait for new MacBook Pros, especially when I heard they were coming with thinner Air-type enclosures. I thought they'd arrive in March. That slipped to April. Now it looks like...
I too am surprised by the expected lack of retina displays. But can we expect any improvement in screen resolution?    I'd be grateful if those 'familiar with the matter' could provide some indication of the overall expected specifications across the 15" MacBook Pro line-up.   Thanks
Whether this particular rumour is true or false, it would make sense for Apple to release such a device. As well as a 7.85" screen I'd love to see an iPad with a 5.5" screen. Why not? Sure, it would be a defensive move that would protect market share, but since iPod touch has all but replaced the Classic IPod, adding iPad screen sizes would give Apple extra SKUs across different price points. Perhaps the best reason for this is that gives customers greater choice....
Just as Tim Cook simplified things by calling the new iPad 'the new iPad' instead of calling it the iPad 3, I predict a single line-up of notebooks from Apple all called 'the new MacBook'. Models will be distinguished by screen size and processor power. 11" 13" 15" and possibly a 17" Top of the line models in each size category will be MacBook pro equivalents. All will get hi res screens. For the 11", I expect a standard hard disk size of 128 GB SSD with 256 GB offered as...
Agreed. Ivy Bridge = more power, less power consumption. A jump in screen resolution is a perfect reason to upgrade especially if it is 15". However, I think the real opportunity is to provide large capacity SSDs at the lowest possible price. I would love to see 1 TB SSDs as an option. There's a lot of chat about hybrid drives with SSD / HDD linked together. To me this is a compromise. Once you've used pure SSD anything else is just lame. Apple has to drive SSD uptake...
Unless Apple listens to overwhelming customer feedback requesting a screen bigger than the current 3.5" display, then i guess a lot of people will sticking with their old iPhones. A larger display say 4" or 4.5" is easily doable without needing to change the software. The only difference between an iPhone with such a display is that it gives you more screen real estate, it would require minimal software changes and apps wouldn't need to be redesigned. The other nice...
What do we think the internal memory options of the new 13" and 15" MacBook AirPros will be? I can't imagine that SSD prices have fallen sufficiently to include 500 GB SSDs let alone 1 TB SSDs at anything like a reasonable price. So will we get hybrid SSD HDD drives? Ivy Bridge seems like it is taking aeons to arrive. I guess that since we're all living in a new age of austerity we shouldn't be in too much of a hurry to part with our hard earned cash. If the delay...
I think the bottom line is that Gates and Jobs had a strong mutual respect and disrespect for each other. Jobs was a genius who has truly left his mark on the world. But then so is Gates. It's all very well accusing Gates of plagiarism, but wasn't it Jobs who said good artists copy, great artists steal? If anyone was guilt of theft, perhaps Jobs visit to Xerox park in the early days can be classified as that? If we really want to compare Apple and Microsoft, then...