or Connect

Posts by shetline

...backups, once written to by Lion, can no longer be recognized by Snow Leopard. After trying out Lion, I decided I wasn't ready for it yet: 1) My Cisco VPN client for connecting to my office network isn't compatible. 2) Screen Sharing is badly broken (except for, maybe (I didn't try it), Lion-to-Lion sharing) if you want to connect to your Lion system from VNC on a Windows system or from Screen Sharing on a Snow Leopard system. 3) A Perl script for a cron...
From which nether orifice did you extract this particular claim?
Although I had been mostly neglecting this web site and its Java applet for the past three years, I'd finally put some serious time into it again recently and released an update earlier this week, just a few days before this deprecation announcement: http://www.skyviewcafe.com/skyview.php Examples are becoming rarer and rarer, as it's getting pretty amazing what you can do with lightweight web apps based on Javascript, CSS, and HTML, but the above applet is still one...
Even thought it's typically the least "pro" of the "pro" group, often lacking features that the 15" and 17" models have, I did say I was hoping for anti-glare (and much, much more importantly, 1440x900 resolution) on a 13" MBP - a 13" MacBook Pro.
I'm talking about display resolution options much more than I am about the anti-glare option (although I'd want that too). As far as I recall. the 15" MBP is the first time Apple has let you choose between two different display resolutions for one model of laptop computer.
Now that Apple finally has display resolution options for at least one model -- the 15" MBP -- I'm hoping they'll extend that idea to the 13" MBP too. Consider these screen size/pixel density numbers: 15.4" @ 1440x900 -> 110.3 ppi 15.4" @ 1680x1050 -> 128.6 ppi 13.3" @ 1280x 800 -> 113.4 ppi 13.3" @ 1440x900 -> 127.7 ppi I've seen the 15.4" 1680x1050 model and it's a got nice display, not that squint-inducing for me because of the smaller pixels (and the smaller...
"Touching" doesn't typically mean "deliberately poking with a finger tip", as one might do to test or demonstrate this problem. The only "touching" necessary is to have the bottom left corner of the phone gently resting against the palm of your hand, an entirely natural result of a very natural way of holding the phone in your left hand -- as depicted in many Apple promotional pictures for the phone. I like the iPhone 4 enough that I'm still going to keep mine. I'm not one...
I just tried activating my new iPhone a couple of hours ago. iTunes helpfully filled in all of my registration info for me... name, address, phone number... all of which looked fine at a quick glance. Just as I was hitting OK, I noticed it was my land line number that had been filled in, not my mobile number. After that point I'd already clicked OK, however, and there was no "Back" button to fix the error. I figured somewhere along the way the bad number would make the...
Who would've guessed that someone with the screen name "solipsism" wouldn't like crowds? Don't worry, they're just figments of your own imagination.
Finally! FedEx tracking is indeed tracking, with an estimated shipping date of tomorrow.