or Connect

Posts by Stan_Timek

Absolutely correct. Working conditions in China are better than in the past and the work (that Apple and almost every other company that does business there) provides said workers with a higher standard of living than they would have on the farm. Is this standard the same as here in the USA or other more developed country? No. But it is better for them and they WANT THE WORK. This is how capitalism works - the theme being spouted by these folks has failed everywhere...
So Proview sells the rights to the name, probably thinks that it didn't negotiate for enough money the first time around and now they "refuse to honor" the agreement. China isn't becoming more capitalistic, they're becoming more like organized crime.
This is a terrific feature addition! Does anyone know what is required to produce read-aloud titles for iBooks? (PS this feature isn't only suitable for children's books) Do I need to buy into the Mac developer program?
I get a kick out of how upset some people get over FOX news, their reporting, and management. Is FOX biased? Yes. Is ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc. biased? Yes! They all are. They are run and owned by people that have their own unique world view and because they are human, that world view (bias) comes into play in how they operate their business, what they report, and how they report it. The simple act of liking or disliking something (red heads, BMWs, FOX)...
Very true. The general public traditionally doesn't care about technical superiority otherwise, to use a very old example, Beta would have beaten out VHS. P.S. And yes I know about the licensing issues - the format was technically better than VHS P.P.S. Don't forget, Flash's claim to fame was that Microsoft adopted it to destroy QuickTime. Not because it was better - only because it wasn't Apple.
Remember, Flash was promoted by Microsoft years ago in their quest to destroy QuickTime. Macromedia optimized Flash for the PC because Microsoft was their biggest customer. If my Mac crashes it's always when Flash is running. Coincidence? I think not!
Anyone that knows the publishing world knows that revenue from subscriptions are NOT a major source of income... directly. You want subscribers not for their money but for their names to appear on your subscription rolls. Why? Because that allows them to raise their advertising rates which is where they really make their money! They'll practically give away a subscription to raise the price of a full page ad to the next bracket. The iPad's subscription model will make...
Absolutely right! I was a 1st gen purchaser of the Apple TV and love the little device. I'd love it more if it was able to grab more media assets from the web and play them through my HDTV. And I'm not talking about adding codecs to play the pirated material our in the wild rather allow Hulu, NetFlix, etc. to play back with Apple's UI ease.
Excellent point. To further it what would prevent a life sized photo of "Bernie" from being used? Would the system sense dimensionality to prevent this simple circumvention? Neat idea as presented. Just need a few more details...
Skip, The Palm platform was such a resounding success in it's day that people continue to have strong positive feelings towards it. Until they went to Win CE as an OS they were the ones to beat. The iPhone and OSX are now the leaders in terms of app dev/selection/etc. The one thing that I'd like to see - across the board - is a good development system to once again allow the everyday man/woman to create their own apps on Macs and iPhone/iPod Touch. Something like a...