or Connect

Posts by iCarbon

Um, you kinda doubled this post. nice read, though... I wonder -- is there anything beyond the transition to 64-bit with snow leopard... should someone with a core duo macbook pro even consider buying this upgrade?
I get that people are dissapointed, and agree that AT&T is sucking pretty bad, but I have to second bigmc6000 -- turn off your 3g most of the time; you get better battery life and almost no dropped calls (the only dropped calls I've had with my 3g turned off coincide remarkably with my movement into a dead zone). I'm hoping that apple creates an option where 3g is only turned on with selected apps; if I want to run safari, then I would be happy to have 3g go looking, but...
I'm sorry, but this is total crap. I understand that many people are frustrated with the 3G issues, but the fact of the matter is that Apple expressly stated that these speeds were faster over a 3G connection, and they are. I just don't see how issues with connectivity that appear to be limited to <10% of users can be considered false advertising. Maybe if the case were claiming defective products in a limited number of cases, and could prove that they were defective,...
now that's its own bit of funnyness -- often at banks, a vp is defined as one of the many poor jacka**es who have to show up at 6 am once a month to enter their portion of the bank vault combinations in. Yet another example of silly titles being added to positions to force people to accept different pay scales or responsibilities. like most things reported in the press, this is vague enough to reasonably argue either side. I have no doubt that Apple has played the role of...
So I think that the supply issues were pretty big. I livein Bloomington, IN (USA) -- a town of ~100K; we have 3 AT&T stores and no Apple store -- we got 30 phones/AT&T store, which sold out on Friday. One store got a shipment of 10 phones in on Friday that they sold on Saturday. meaning that we only had 100 phones in the entire community. That is 0.1% of the population. Apple sold 1 mil phones to ~900 mil customers... if we assume that the ratio in Bloomington is...
So I've seen a few comments about people not being able to pay cash for an iPhone. I believe that is flatly illegal -- doesn't money say "legal tender for all debts" or some related line on it? any legal opinions that explain how AT&T and apple are getting away with this?
do these people have jobs? 1 full week for a phone you could buy a day or two later, just silly,
This is all well and good, but why does the stock keep tanking.... we need SJ to make a healthy looking appearance! (seriously, can't we put him in a fat suit or something?)
Ok, now this is getting ridiculous -- every analyst seems to feel a need to top the last one on how many iphones Apple will sell. Well, I'm going to win this little pissing contest; I think Apple is going to sell 43 trillion iPhones. There, I said it. now you can all shut up and stop ensuring that the stock price will tank at every quarterly report for the next 20 years, despite solid 2-digit growth.
Its funny, I keep seeing people saying that 200 upfront and 240 spread out over 2 years is the same as 440. It simply isn't. There are two things to consider: inflation and interest. Inflation tells me that a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow (and don't even pretend that we have deflation coming, if we do then our cell phone plans are the least of our troubles), making the net cost of the product lower if you spend the money over time. Interest means that I...