or Connect

Posts by iCarbon

I gotta say, I like the idea of a smaller screen size -- the current form factor doesn't fit well into my pocket... and that really sucks, its my one great hold-out (that and my stupid sprint contract... june cannot come soon enough). Frankly, I would trade typing speed for pocket comfort -- especially if they added a proximity sensor that zoomed in on keys as your finger approached, so that you could type in comfort (is that even possible?).
I know, the more I think about it, the more it seems like a pretty complex issue. The thing is, I get about 20 letters/emails a day telling me about exclusive previews, special exclusive deals and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. and it feels cheap when I see them on a news site. I understand the point and the need, I really do, but it feels like its not news, it feels like advertising. The problem is that it doesn't happen enough to merit its own section, but if it was...
I like the new one too -- just wanted to make it clear that I was mainly griping to start discussion, not out of some deep sense of betrayal -- I love what you guys do here, but I would like more clarity in the title that this a a preview of an app.
Um... shouldn't this article go in the "paid advertisement" portion of the screen? seriously, how about at least some mention of any potential or existing competition? I know this is an apple fan-site (and I am a huge fan/stockholder), but I don't think advertising 3rd party software is the best use of it...
I know you're all bickering about the title of the article, but really you're all missing what is clearly Apple's secret agenda. Tired of dealing with the music industry colluding to take away their market share, they're building their own record company... they aren't hiring a lawyer; they're hiring a fantastic guitarist! just wait until you hear his first big single... brought to you exclusively from itunes! oh, and have a great weekend (I hope this isn't a new trend)
I think that your argument that 12 tracks does not equal an album is completely valid, but I'm not so sure that you've got it going in the right direction. Listen to the average pop album, and you'll notice something... not all the tracks are any good. In fact, my understanding is that most consumers buy albums for a very small number of tracks (1-3), making even a "5 tracks = 1 album" argument hold a certain amount of validity. I guess what I'm trying to say is that...
WOOT first post (why are so many people excited about this?) On to business -- maybe I'm confused, I thought that apple had one of the best secruity records around. I know, I know they're a small target, and aren't hit with the full fury of the window's ghetto, but still its more a listing of their responsiveness to percieved threats -- rarely more than a 30 day response time, and often within 7 for genuine threats. That all being said, why are the analysts so sure about...
now I know that thher is a clear rational for announcing that software is only good for computers with built-in firewire, but doesn't that kind screw the macbook air users?
I'll admit that I want the whole internet on my mobile phone. But I also want my mobile phone to fit in my BLOODY POCKET!!!! if you think that an iPhone nano is a silly idea, you haven't looked in the mirror while wearing a phone in a special case on your belt. I hate to say it, but the phone holster is not the gun-slinger look of the modern age, any more than the pocket protector was 40 years ago. Its just an unfortunate and fairly lame by-product of bulky and fragile...
um, not to be nitpicky, but is Apple targeting females in a negative context? Judging from your post, they are explicitly out to help white males and their offspring. How does that work? From what you said, I would agree that they may be out to screw the chinese (of course, since their china wages are in line with the local economy, I'm not clear on the problem there...), but I'm not sure who else they're screwing. could you please clarify your statements? If Apple is in...