or Connect

Posts by iCarbon

Not sure how it happened, but I've had office 11 for a few days now (maybe academics get it early?). Anyway, my main complaint is that it still screws up files copied from Chemdraw (a simple drawing program used by organic chemists nearly ubiquitously), so that they cannot be reedited ever again once pasted into an Office document. very frustrating.
Will this push notification wake a computer from sleep? I'm not sure if I would consider this a plus or minus if it did -- on the one hand, I like the idea of being able to call a computer regardless of whether its in use (I have all my computers sleep after 5 min of unuse; I'm kind of a greenie) But on the other hand, I don't like the idea of any processes running while the computer is in sleep mode. thoughts?
Maybe Apple didn't buy Palm because they were biding their time... maybe they're going to buy HP -- their market cap is only ~100 billion; Apple could get controlling share easy!
I wonder if he ever considered all those guys who use "pinch to zoom" to get a better look at a girl in a bar? that is likely a perfect example of "prior art" and it definately wasn't a special effect.
Those graphics are unsane.
Holy crap! I can't even begin to imagine who greenlighted that graphic! talk about a waste of money...
Maybe it will be called the pico?
Wow, someone forgot to even run spell-check this time. C'mon guys, I expect ESL students to do better!
Wow, they dropped developer prices to $99/year. don't developers get significant (way more than $99) discounts on hardware? seems like a nice little strategy for me next time I need to upgrade my hardware!
Personally, I think that the true replacement for DVD is Flash sticks -- reusable, stable and cheap. what's not to like?