or Connect

Posts by thx1173

Hi, as my FW op my PB went south, I'aim in the impossibility to use the apple method trick (for what it is worth) make a dmg file of your PB'sHD with Disk Utility and store on a ext HD afterwards you can always mount your old HD and find your stuff in pristine condition
I got a new iMac 24" (wooooow) and have to transfer all my data and emails..... from my PB G4 to the new iMac Problem: the PB has lost his original FW-interface, FW runs now thru a PMCIA-card which loads at the end of the bootproces......... as such I can start the PB in Target Disk mode but the FW is not active....... Does somebody know a way of easily transferring my identity and data from the PB to the iMac ?? thx on forehand thx1173
Thx TALKSENSE101 for the suggestions, first nothing found; second Iwould like to make my hands dirty bit.... I aim a new new to UNIC and C..... if you could tell me what to type in "Terminal" to do the action, is it dangerous to move the ".bashrc" ? greetings thx1173
Thx for helping but I still having the problem 1. made new user ... works OK 2. done "get info" about desktop under home Dir : You can "Read & Write Details Owner ' Me' --> Acces 'Read & Write" Group 'No Acces' --> Acces 'No Acces' Others 'No Acces' I've noticed also that whatever windows are open , when shutting down and restarting I always get the SAME windows back open and not the ones I left open on shutdown Accessing the PB...
1. made new user ... works OK 2. done "get info" about desktop under home Dir :
Hi, I run MacOSX 10.4.11 on a PB G4/550 and an extra screen and after installing a program to test, my desktop disapeared... only the background-desktop pictures stayed - menu-bar and dock (functional) it is impossible to put something on the desktop (both screens) actions token: unistall dito prog diskwarrior and ONYX, re-install upd MacOSX 410.4.11 combo, tried File Buddy to check on invisibility (user/desktop is NOT invisible), repair permissions, tried the...
[QUOTE=groovemike;1174763]Hey peeps, Your ideas please. Mike, try to find a another MAC book or other with a big external HD thru FW both NOT fired up put FW cable between the two mac's start teh other mac fist up as you boot your mac keep Cmd + T pressed down... your Mac will behave as an external HD then you can clone your HD to the Other external HD maybe this won't repair your mac, but you can rescue your system and data after cloning your mac, you...
Hi, I run MacOSX 10.4.11 on a PB G4/550 and an extra screen and installed a program to test, my desktop disapeared... only the desktop pictures stayed - menu-bar and dock it is impossible to put something on the desktop (both screens) actions token: unistall dito prog diskwarrior and ONYX, re-install upd MacOSX 410.4.11 combo, tried File Buddy to check on invisibility (user/desktop is not invisible), repair permissions, tried the advice in Apple Tech page thru...