or Connect

Posts by calguy

Apple is planning a significant update to Final Cut Pro X that will deliver a number of new features, including multichannel audio editing and dual viewers, when it debuts later this year. This is directly from Apple as stated from an article from Sunday. They also will be supporting the RED camera. Footage from that alone needs huge amounts of storage and RAM for processing since they are supporting the RED format for direct editing. If Apple is committed to improving...
I have Quicken 2004...main reason for using the older version is that I didn't need the banking connection for my checkbook or to write checks or to any of the other advanced features with the newer versions. I just use it for data entry to get my totals for expenses and income reports at the end of the year. It will continue to be that way. I may want to connect to TurboTax but it so easy just to enter a few numbers once I have the report. So, upgrading would be a...
Absolutely will be getting the eSATA card....and I still have a G4 dual 1GB machine that still works well and does the job-now thats really getting my money's worth. I added extra drives and ports. The only limit is the speed to do video which is why I will be getting the G5, probably the 6 core. Anyone have any experience using an SSD as a boot drive and also the apps. I want to put Photoshop CS5 and Aperture on it but want to use a 2TB drive for the Library since it...
Could you elaborate a little more on this? Are you talking about playback or editing in QT X ( trim only ) or 7 Pro?I like to use QT7 Pro to edit. Does hyper-threading help with using QT for editing larger 500MB files? Will the highest end i7 give me some advantages for QT or does it only help iMovie or Final Cut? If you have anything additional you would like to add because I am real close to deciding on getting the iMac i7 or waiting an extra month for the new Mac...
Oh, that would be great, I still use it as the last app to need OS9. A great database app that comes with iLife is needed instead of using Bento which looks glamourous but many times is not user friendly. It needs scripts to really be a database that can be adjusted as needed for each user. My stacks are ready to go for the OS X upgrade! It would be so versatile!
Great idea!! That would be such a unique product. I would get that over the white or black. Hope someone at Apple is reading this thread for the idea.
Well, Apple applied for a patent for it as I read here a few months ago. They didn't give specifics as to whether they would use a pad or some other type of linkup for closeness to the battery using device. But, since I am not a electro technician, using a dock of some kind somewhere in the house or office to keep it fully charged for the next use seems very convenient. The iPhone or iPad has it's own dock but has a connector. The wireless keyboard and mouse don't have...
I saw the keyboard option with the numeric keypad ( USB connected ) which is what I would get with any new Mac. I just don't want to deal with changing even more batteries. Although, I read that Apple is looking into recharging accessories in a similar way as our toothbrushes get recharged. So, laying down the keyboard or a magic mouse on a pad to charge when not in use would be much preferred.
It's going to be a hard choice for me also for several reasons, positive & negative for each. iMac all in one has had better speed boosts and adding USB3 will be very convenient which I believe will be faster that eSata which I also use to external backup drives. It would also be great if they add HDMI as they have with the Mac Mini. It does have the ability to be used as an extra display with the video input but that has a display limit. With the use of HDMI to Mini...
I really agree! I've had 2 La Cie drives fail within the warranty period and never had a OWC drive fail after buying 4 La Cie enclosures and at least 10 OWC drives.