or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

It seems like a no brainer comparison - the crown is easily operated by a single finger, while rotating a bezel requires two fingers opposing each other.   Advantage, crown.
It seems that at the current price, that there is already little or no earnings growth built in. The stock is not priced for growing revenue, or declining revenue but flat line, stagnant sales numbers. But Apple has never had the benefit of a high PE ratio. It hasn't made much difference to long term stockholders since of course they've done quite well, but it's always felt like a collective F-you from Wall Street. I don't expect that attitude to ever change really, it...
  I'm curious, do you mean life expectancy? ... or the average age of all the cars on the road currently (if the latter, that number sounds too low to me). Anecdotally, mine is now pushing 16 years, a run of the mill Ford Explorer which I got used in 2002. It's been a decent vehicle, I use it for my occasionally messy work and yet somehow the body and paint are good. Might have lucked out on the drive train but no 4 wheel drive since it was made for the southern market. I...
I do hope that you're joking about this. Perhaps you are a young techie without children, that would explain the thought.
Strange, updating to 10.4 on a desktop yields none of this. Is for mobile only? that would be nonsensical.
 I think that the royalty rate should be higher than radio. Traditional radio was totally random music coming at you, loosely arranged by different stations into categories that were extremely broad. Services like Spotify allow you to request a specific artist(s) and unlimited songs and albums by name; this has got to be worth more to the listener, and certainly to the artist. They could track when the specific tracks are requested by name and pay a higher rate for that...
Apple Watch isn't the story here, but its importance in initiatives like this going forward will be huge. Obviously the health/activity monitoring aspect of Apple Watch and other similar devices will give these type of programs the most important data, esp as they become more sophisticated. It will be the rare senior citizen in 10 years who does not wear a heath monitoring wrist device and the Apple Watch 'should' be the high-end leader.    But if Tim Cook isn't touting...
Thanks for peeling back the curtain on this series of industry attacks; excellent article.   By paying attention to the rise of Apple over the years and all the fabricated flaps along the way, it's been a masters course in the art of message manipulation that you can extrapolate to the entire universe of modern media in whatever field that has opposing forces/vested interests. 
The Walter Issacson book was a big disappointment. Despite all the hype, for those that were familiar with many of the well publicized events in the life of Jobs, it was just a rehash, and an uninspired one at that.    I was really hoping for some greater insights into his youth, adoptive family, hippie travels, time at Reed college ...  some of the really formative stuff. And then, greater depth on his years in the wilderness at Next, from the people that he worked with...
Yes, Microsoft (800+ billion at peak, adjusted for inflation), and topping all recent records, IBM in 70's sometime at 1.4 trillion, adjusted for inflation. I read it on Wikipedia, so it must be true (!) (Writing on the fly at the moment so this is from sketchy memory after looking into it a couple of months ago.)