or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

I think the smaller version iPhone will happen ... stripped down for kids and seniors ... But they're confusing the larger version with the smaller iPad ...
What I recall is that CoverFlow was acquired from third party developers by Apple. How does that work a few years down the road when it turns out that the work isn't wholly owned by the party that you are buying it from? Aren't the originals owners who benefited also libel for any infringement? My fav quote from the article are from the last sentence ... "The patents were originally filed for by Yale professor David Gelernter in 1999, who said he believes Apple's...
I GB of RAM .. what's up with that? A typo or ... ?
Well, by now he's 45 and worth 13 billion and change ... ... but whats a few billion among fellow CEOs? Your point is taken. Maybe he could use some of that wealth, wipe out his old identity, get a fresh start and save himself all the embarrassment.
Have they really done the math? ... sure they will not make as much per show when someone rents it but don't they think that a lot more people will jump at rent the show or renting a season to more than make up for the loss of show sales? ... they can always change their mind after they see what happens with Disney shows, etc. and I rather suspect that they will. The only shows that I've purchased are those that my kids get repeat viewings out of ... my wife and I...
Predicting these huge moves is a sloppy art, but these figures are certainly plausible. I think that as a percentage the Apple will be in 2014, but still a smaller part compared to commodity (read low margin) smartphone makers. Interestingly, their graph shows Apples percentage of the market barely moving as the market balloons. Apples goal in not to dominate, as it did freakishly with the iPod, but to maintain its premium position. But that said, the whole...
With 160 million paying users, the iTunes audience is off to a very good start, even if its a fraction of the Facebook half billion. I think that this will be the basis for strong Apple based social network to which they will add services over time and that will only build more brand loyalty and stickiness down the road. Only surprised that they didn't do this at least a year ago.
... don't quit your day job if you're thinking about going into UI design!
The article does say that and I think that it is a valid point for some but I think a major unstated motive for releasing such a size is the price umbrella. Smaller iPad size, lower iPad price ... more sales and throwing a bit of a block to lower priced competitors who will release their own smaller/lighter tablets for less ...
I only bother to look at the big, chunky numbers and in the last few quarters we've finally seen the international sales numbers overtake domestic totals, for the very first time. I've been waiting for this literal tipping point and it bodes very well for the company as a whole. I read it as the rest of the world (which is a heck of a lot bigger than us), discovering Apple ... for real. And that is where the big time growth is going to come from.