or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

I trust that whatever the tablet thingie turns out to be and however many end up being sold, that they will be counted as MacOS units in the quarterly count-off.
I rather suspect that this is a question not of whether to pay 'something' but rather about how much is fair. Perhaps Nokia is trying to base the royalties on a percentage of the total cost of the iPhone while Apple is saying that it would only pay based on the slice of the cost that is relevant to the patents - the telephony, (without going into all the fine technical details). What part of the cost of an iPhone is attributable to the iPod, browser, camera, other apps...
<[QUOTE=RoboNerd;1505960]Well let's see... does it have the appearance of a blatant copy of the Apple store paradigm? You bet. Did Apple come up with the idea of a botique store for electronics? Nope.> No one quibbles with whether others have opened boutique electronic stores first, but there is a serious question of copying a competitors trade dress. Not sure if MS will follow through with their threat to put these right next to existing Apple stores but if...
... there is such a thing in the retail world known as trade dress and it extends to retail store design. Its a form of intellectual property. There seems to be a lot here that treads on Apples trade dress but I can't tell from the shots what the layout is really like. What is clear though are the floor to ceiling glass fronts, open layout inside and other aspects of Apples minimalist design. Not saying that there is a clear cut legal case here but the imitation is so...
[/QUOTE]iPhone to hit China October 1 ... The company plans to launch its 3G network the same day that the iPhone is available. China Unicom will offer eight plans ranging from 126 yuan to 886 yuan per month, and subsidies will be available for those who sign up for a contract. [/QUOTE] So from what I've read elsewhere, the subsidies on the most expensive plan would bring the cost of the phone down to somewhere around $100 ... but no subsidy at all available for the...
So, you think Microsoft is opening some stores in order to sell some new MS proprietary computer hardware that isn't compatible with or available to their OEM licensees? What a muddle that would be ...
Start with slow loading, add annoying ads = a bit of a buzz kill from the outset. I've watched the videos and the screen responsiveness that you are talking about seems fair, not dust worthy. You have to distinguish between people who feel threatened, and people who feel duty bound to keep people honest. The Zune has been way improved, no doubt.
[QUOTE= ... 2. Bullware: Some of the features make look futuristic, but nearly everything you saw is already in use in Win 7, Surface and MS Research. I'll go through a few examples that I've written up else where. The most common question I've seen is the issue of flicking items across the screens. This come from the physics API driving Microsoft Surface.... The flicking object ability has been variously available to Windows developers for a long time (if...
This is as shown in the previous posters photo of the OLPC concept. So then you are talking about a laptop sized device and a lot more battery drain. Not to mention screen real estate waste for much of the time. Key to a tablet will be managing the screen real estate in a smooth and efficient manner. Perhaps a designer or video editor has a lot of need for two screens, but they wouldn't be using a handheld device to get that kind of work done. And hey, as an aside - a new...
Ok, I'm curious to know, what was great to you in the video animation ... I saw the clip but wasn't wowed. Tell me what I missed ...