or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

Not just ugly ... it's RETRO ugly.   Got to be able to do better than this ...
    That's for sure, he took on an incredible task. He's staring in the opposite direction than he was at Apple. At Apple it was top looking down, at JCP it's from down below looking up. The guy doesn't shirk from a challenge. People forget that creating a revolutionary store for Apple was not a slam dunk but any means and he often had to fight Steve Jobs to get his way. Being saddled with a lot of large, tired store spaces with cheap, non-distinctive merchandise sounds...
Doug Kass - notorious manipulator, shameless liar, best ignored - oft seen bashing Steve Jobs for one thing or another back in the day.
Besides the ability of the iPhone to already do this type of shot c/o various apps, the framed print on the wall that ends the Apple ad spot is a much better shot/crop in so many ways. Because of the scale the LG print looks weak as the kids shrink to the size of mice. All the eye candy in the world can't change that, it's just the power of basic cropping. 
I expect this to become reality within the year. Any Apple TV initiative has got to include full screen gaming to be taken seriously.    I (reluctantly) bought an XBox 360 for my two girls this past Christmas strictly for Kinect gaming. Not impressed with the set up, UI terribly designed, slow, games limited ... but the full body game thing is great for entertaining this early teen age group. They play on rainy Seattle days with their friends and its something that...
Dis-information campaign in full swing now ...
I'd connect the two ideas - the wristband device, besides whatever else it would do, is packed with sensors and works with Apple TV full screen gaming, ala Nintenedo Wii, only way more data points. 
Some reading this reading revealed that Greenlight has had some of its short position bets explode this quarter. Not doubting the 'sincerity' underlying this guys lawsuit, but could it just be a desperation move trying to offset some large losses in other holdings?  ... naw, that would never happen ... 
  A corporation goes public to raise capital in order to grow, not to 'increase shareholder wealth'. Shareholders do hope that their investment will reap rewards with regards to reselling their shares or in dividends. If increasing shareholder wealth becomes the primary aim of the corporation, I predict that it will fail due to mismanagement or because a more forward thinking company makes it obsolete. 
It's one thing to use the media to press your position on company management, its quite another to sue them for not doing what in your opinion is the right move.    I have no idea how a suit like this gets resolved or what the precedents are, but I think it's BS.  I support Apples' management team to pursue their very long range objectives for the company. So far, so good for them.  Secrecy is part and parcel of the companys MO and crucial to certain key components...