or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

Meanwhile, Wall Street somehow pins Apples price on todays option expiry date right below $500. Not exactly a glide path, but neatly done.   I get the sentiment manipulation with the articles in the press, but I don't get how they steer the price in cases like this. Naturally, I don't touch options ...
Amazing, they seem determined to pin Apples price to $500 at options expiry tomorrow and it looks like they'll pull it off. So glad that I don't play the short term game, there is no way you can fight these kind of shenanigans. 
Wow, from the leader of the company with the biggest case of Copyitis ever. Me thinks the fellow is feeling a little defensive about all that. 
  The current manipulation attempt, (successful, I would say), in the WSJ by Nomura's Stuart Jeffery is at least consistent with their other attempts at predicting trends. In July of 2011, they were among those predicting that Microsoft 8 would be a 'game changer' in 2013 and that Ice Cream Sandwich would unite all the Android strands and address all the problems that have dogged it, wresting tablet control from Apple. They also predicted that PC makers would be the ones...
I broke down and got my girls an Xbox for Xmas, so they could have their friends over and play the Kinnect games. Kind of hurt to have to buy Microsoft hardware but I love that they actively use it to jump around with their friends. The interface is only poor to fair, lots of room for improvement in that department. I think the whole social games/exercise area with an improved, built-in Kinnect like sensor is a ripe market for Apple to enter. 
Designers Needed - Minimum 5 years experience doing 'flat' at a professional level. 
Thats big news regarding Scott. Apparently not well liked but he goes waaaay back with Jobs and Next. Seems like he's done a heck of a job shepherding iOS into full bloom. Hope that this was born of his own need to start something new, something that will dovetail with Apple in a good way.    ... or maybe just some r & r ...
For her birthday, my fourteen year old daughter wants to go to see the Dylan concert this weekend. Bought the tickets online ... LiveNation or whatever. They charge you an extra premium ($2.50)  on top of all the other crazy fees for the privilege of printing the tickets out at home on a letter sized piece of paper that is mostly ads that they have sold to local restaurants, etc.  I would have loved to have been able to use Passbook for this. But I wonder, this company...
One gauge I'm using to see how they are responding to problem reports is to visit the Hoover Dam occasionally, in 3D mode. The collapsed highway bridge there got a fair amount of the early press as an illustration of some of the problems in the Map App. As of this morning, it's still sagging like a rubber hose. Perhaps there are more pressing problems with maps, but I would expect them to assign these well publicized glitches a higher priority. 
The courtesy of an apology is a good touch given that some people got upset. For myself, I suppose I find Steetview more useful than Turn by Turn, but that said, I am totally on board with Apples new product. I prefer the look of it already, have noticed the speed, added functions, etc and look forward to regular improvements and updates. It was really an untenable situation for them. This had to be done and some crowd sourced improvements is a major way that this stuff...