or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

So if this chipset is built in to a car as part of an integrated communications system, the royalty fee would be 2.25% of the value of the car ... have I got that right? I wish I had the e-mail address for this Mr. Gordon Day at the IEEE. I'll write a letter but might not get there before this decision had been made ... but still gotta chime in on this ...
Since you cite it, that event was reportedly Foxconn workers who were making the XBox for Microsoft, oddly enough. Never really got much in the way of details about why them, why then, and what the demands were. Not Apple related, except by extension via Foxconn. Apple, like it or not, is now the big kahuna making the mobile and computer devices that people all over the world want to have. With the success comes all sorts of scrutiny. They are now the poster boy for all...
I do look to Apple to lead the way to not only the best designed products but also safe and fair conditions for all their workers and of course, including the subcontractors who build all the products. It fits with the image that they want people to associate with them and is just good business, business that they can afford. That said, it's got to be extremely hard to continually ramp the production on all these items that the world is clamoring for ... it seems...
It's not like that at all, because, in short, Ford is not likely to be giving away Ford trucks to people that want to start moving businesses any time soon.
Perhaps you didn't see the Republican debate the other night where Jobs, iPhones and Apple were a hot topic. ... oh right, that wasn't politics ...
Au contraire, quite American, at least once upon a time, when efforts were made to avoid repeating a European-style aristocratic class which had blood lines as its basis; not merit, not ingenuity, not hard work. Also, if you prosper to such an extent as to mound up fantastic wealth in this country, nothing wrong with the government getting a cut. The country which provided an unequal amount of protection and stability for you during your lifetime.
Knowing that my father had worked for a bit as a consultant to Kodak in the early 60's I brought this story up a few weeks ago. I had expected to hear him bemoan the demise of a grand and visionary company. Instead, he had utter disdain for the arrogance of the management from that period. They were totally locked into viewing themselves as a paper and chemical company and if something didn't advance them on those two fronts they couldn't care less about it. One of the...
Got hubris ... ?
I got the book right away. It's a fast read, despite its length. Written like a long magazine article, a really long magazine article. I was disappointed, especially in the early part of the book dealing with Steves upbringing, family life with his adoptive parents (nary a word about the mother who raised him), glossing over his travel to India ... etc. Formative stuff beyond just the fact that he was given up for adoption. Also, not enough about his years in the...
Maybe for the Apple Department of Redundancy Department ...