or Connect

Posts by battiato1981

The Disney feel struck me immediately too and made me smile given Jobs role at Disney itself. Apple is one of the few business entities carrying the design world utopia banner that had been Walts way back in the early sixties. My young mind really latched onto those images but it all fizzled in the low-brow, oil crisis, downer seventies ... Still, this should be a beautiful project, pleasant place to work and hopefully an renewable energy showcase. One thing for sure, in...
In this case, I think they mean that 600,000 are in the channel, not all in end-users hands yet. Big difference but a common way to skew your numbers to the upside, and raise some eyebrows, they hope, along the way. That said, its certainly a big number out if the gate and they have a good chance of selling through all those units in the holiday season.
Thanks Bugs and NasserAe, I had never even noticed that button in the Mail window ... solves the problem. I've calmed down ... But I still think that they should put this ability back within iPhoto. At least they got it right on the iPhone.
Yes, or attach from within the Mail program, but I haven't found a way to conveniently rescale the photos on the fly, the way you used to be able to from within iPhoto. Am I missing something here ...?RIght now if I drag a 1.4 MB photo to Mail, that is the size that it goes out, and that large of a file is too big for 'most of the time' uses for me. They had an easy way before, why would they take it away? No sense.
If they would only please add back the simple ability to e-mail photos in a size of ones choosing and without forcing you to use one of the cosmetic, stationary layouts, I might even be happy with the update. As it is, I'm pissed! Don't remove basic everyday functionality in lieu of new fancier features.
Undeniable ... freaking beautiful design, technically and aesthetically. Aggressive pricing but most people are going to opt for more storage and so they probably won't sell many at the low entry point pricing. Funny part is that I'll probably still opt for a new MacBook Pro on my next laptop, since I want the extra power/options.
Indeed, rare ... and the frankness is welcome. Even if he has already made statements in earlier interviews to this effect, I think it's a breath of fresh air. Would love to see some ousted politicians be so forthcoming with their failures ... And I doubt that he sought out Leander at Cult of Mac just to expound on the trouble his CE(g)O-mania got him into, probably the other way around, but the article doesn't say either way.
I think the smaller version iPhone will happen ... stripped down for kids and seniors ... But they're confusing the larger version with the smaller iPad ...
What I recall is that CoverFlow was acquired from third party developers by Apple. How does that work a few years down the road when it turns out that the work isn't wholly owned by the party that you are buying it from? Aren't the originals owners who benefited also libel for any infringement? My fav quote from the article are from the last sentence ... "The patents were originally filed for by Yale professor David Gelernter in 1999, who said he believes Apple's...
I GB of RAM .. what's up with that? A typo or ... ?