or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I'm sure in the global scheme of things, very few Android flagship models are being sold and I'll bet most of those consumers are going to hold on to their older Android smartphones as long as they can.  I really can't blame them.  Smartphones don't become obsolete in two years.  They'll still run simple apps and make phone calls.  How many consumers out there actually need some highly-spec'ed smartphone?  I'm sure there would be very few.  I'm somewhat curious to see what...
No.  Mark it off as the human competitive spirit.  They're eventually waiting for Apple to make a huge mistake and then the floodgates will open for them.  Most of the companies that got into the smartphone business truly believed if Apple could make huge profits with the iPhone, they could too.  After all, they're not paying Google for Android OS licensing, so that's a great start.  It's just unfortunate that 200 other companies had the same idea.  And besides, some...
True.  For Wall Street stellar growth is more important than dull profits.  That's why they love start-up companies.  They can quadruple their growth in a few months even if they don't turn a profit.  But they tell themselves that company is going to be a profit-machine five years from now.  They'll really be making it big then, providing they're still around.  Right now, Apple is said to be peaked out.  Nothing left.  Absolutely nothing can move Apple's pegged "needle"...
Yeah, but Android has 83% world-wide smartphone market share and growing.  Now, that's what really matters to Wall Street.  Wall Street can't possibly believe that Android has a massive 83% market share and only a miniscule 13% profit share.  It doesn't compute.  Market success is supposed to be all about volume.  After all, aren't about 5 million Android devices activated by Google on a daily basis.  In five years there will be about three Android smartphones for every...
I honestly think Wall Street is going to find Apple too hard to ignore and continue claiming the company has no future.  Apple is definitely making things happen in a good way to change the way consumers are doing things.  It appears as Apple was doing a lot of work behind the scenes to get ready for big changes.  Wall Street didn't have a clue and neither did anyone else outside of Apple except the companies directly involved.  I think they were definitely wrong about Tim...
Usually around these times I start to see a lot of articles saying something like:  "Apple is at its peak, so is now the time to selld?"  What's odd is that I seldom see this type of article for other companies that are nearly profitless but somehow have super-high share prices and super-high P/Es like Netflix or Tesla.  It's always about how Apple is overvalued with a bubble-sized P/E.  Not Microsoft, mind you, but Apple.  There simply doesn't seem to be a sound metric...
So, why is it claimed that Apple can't innovate anymore?  Apple isn't mainly a processor design house therefore the creation of A-series processor isn't exactly standard fare for a consumer tech company.  For the mobile industry and Wall Street to simply ignore that Apple is building processors that compare with companies whose bread and butter comes from designing chips seems a bit foolish.  I'm not saying Apple is some king at building processors but they should get some...
Boom!  That's a rip-roaring start.  I'd sure like to know how many Google Wallet activations there were in the first 72 days.  Maybe they're still waiting to get to a million activations since 2011.  Anyway, Google had NFC payments first and that's what really matters.  /s   I'll bet Eric Schmidt is secretly fuming over how Apple Pay is going to blow away Google Wallet.  Take that, Eric.  Therm-o-nuclear.
It's possible those particular retailers are backed by investors who are anti-Apple and simply don't want Apple to gain a footing in the electronic payment business.  I'm sure there must be anti-Apple factions on Wall Street who would like to see Apple Pay fail.  If there weren't some resistance, Apple Pay would just roll over every other electronic payment system and Apple would dominate it.  I'm sure that is certainly considered a threat.  The way I figure if this...
I really, really hope this Apple Pay lives up to the hype.  It's something I certainly want to use.  Wall Street seems to think Apple Pay is relatively worthless in terms of revenue but if Apple Pay is as secure as they say it is, maybe consumers will have far less to worry about.  Retailers may even take less losses due to credit card fraud.  If Apple Pay can even sell 5% more iPhones, I think that will be fairly decent amount.  Wall Street in general refuses to give...