or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I thought that originally everyone in the smartphone industry said the whole nonsense about the A7 was just marketing BS.  However, aren't Qualcomm's high-end Snapdragon chips every bit as powerful as Apple's A7?  I'm guessing that all the different companies high-end processors are pretty much in the same ballpark when it comes to processing power.  Usually one company never gets that much further than another because most companies are privy to the same technology.  It's...
None of this pro-Apple talk makes any sense.  Almost no sane investor on Wall Street would bet on on Apple's survival against Google and Android.  Most are sure that Apple will only continue dropping from the 2012 starting point of its infamous death spiral.  Apple is still being valued for zero growth and even Microsoft is seen as having better growth prospects than Apple.  Microsoft is probably just making a mistake betting on Apple's iPad or simply had too much money...
Sapphire can be used for so many other things outside of the electronics industry such as the medical profession as micro-scalpels.  No matter what Apple does with the sapphire, G.T. Advanced Technologies should make a fortune being able to ramp up sapphire production the way it is and backed by such a wealthy company.
You should be writing science fiction novels with your active imagination.  You make this simple production plant seem pretty exciting with all those far-flung possibilities.  Too bad Apple is only going to use the sapphire as a protective face for iWatch.  Wall Street simply sees this plant as a waste of good money that could be spent on more buybacks.  Wall Street has no imagination at all.
Although Wall Street insists that market share is the most important metric, I'm fairly certain that the ability to monetize a product should be much more important to a company.  I'm not sure how many Chromecasts are being sold but it only cost the price of a few packs of cigarettes, so I'll bet Wall Street sees Chromecast market share as strong enough competition to make Apple cry "Uncle".  I'm sticking with my Roku 3 because it does all the things I need it to do and...
Samsung should forget the coordinated protocol and simply get as many Galaxy S5 smartphones sold as possible.  A two weeks earlier head-start means a better window to get more S5 units sold before Apple comes out with a new iPhone.  I'm not sure why Samsung is so puzzled.  Each carrier wants to be the first to get consumers into their stores before the other carriers.
Everyone wants to make Apple look like a failure as a company.  I suppose if you don't like a company you just want to believe that everything they do is a failure even if it isn't.  There were so many people that swore the iPad was a failure when it was first introduced because it didn't have the hardware that many tech people thought it should have.  No Adobe Flash and no USB ports automatically supposedly made the iPad an instant failure.  I think any company is...
Compared to Google and Amazon, Apple's share price gains are rather pathetic.  Apple had the smartphone market in the palm of their hands until Samsung and Google's Android simply stole it away.  Amazon's profits don't even come close to Apple's and Bezos still worked his magic to boost Amazon's share price. Considering Apple has close to $160 billion in reserve cash just sitting idle, I'd say a 39% rise since 2011 is rather pathetic.  Over that same period of time, Google...
For chrissakes, Wall Street is already certain that iPhone sales on China Mobile will be abysmal.  They're certain that Chinese consumers absolutely can't afford iPhones.  It's almost guaranteed Apple will miss iPhone sales expectations this quarter by a wide margin and it will drive the share price below $500.  Articles like these only give Apple shareholders false hopes that never materialize.  Apple has been trading down and sideways for almost six months as Tim Cook...
Apple has $160 billion in the bank and they can easily afford to give users 16GB of memory for less money.  As a shareholder I give them the OK.  If they're not going to return money to shareholders then they might as well give something to financially-handicapped iPhone users who don't have money to burn.  Whatever happened to Apple's supposedly enormous economies of scale?  Shouldn't that economies of scale also include memory?  Apple is gaining nothing worthwhile at all...