or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Do you really believe Apple will ever be competitive with cloud offerings from Amazon, Microsoft or Google?  I'd hardly think so.  Apple is only interested in maximizing profits and nothing else.  It's also unlikely Apple would have an interest in supporting other OSes.   I'm sure they'll do the best they can of running a quality service but when it comes to bang for the buck, you'll probably have to look elsewhere.  I just wish they'd get a high-speed search engine up and...
Are Microsoft retail stores doing that well so that they'd have to open another one?  The other stores are usually empty so merely adding more empty space isn't any solution.  Once they get the product to pack the first stores, then they can see about opening more.  This way, Microsoft is simply being inefficient with space.
Actually, I'm less concerned about Apple's iPad sales "slipping" than I'm worried about why these research agencies are trying to find fault with Apple's business.  I'd like to know what they're gaining from doing this and who's paying them, if anyone, to mess with the tablet sales numbers.  Isn't it their business to keep investors informed of the truth of where to put their money into a successful business?  It would hurt investors more than Apple if they're lying to...
So, anyone caught carrying an Android smartphone is a potential terrorist?  Hey, that makes sense.  Strip search 'em and lock 'em up.  I sure hope Homeland Security is aware of this in New York City.  If I see anyone using an Android smartphone I should report it right away and know I'm merely doing my duty to protect the American way of life.
Anything Google does will be praised by Wall Street and the news media, just as anything Apple does will be scorned by Wall Street and the news media.  It's just a matter of how some people see Apple.  They obviously think that Tim Cook isn't a competent CEO and that's why they're always referring back to Steve Jobs.  Google Glass is pretty much of a waste and so is the Glass barge.  Neither of them have much value or add to Google's bottom line.  You're right.  None of us...
How the hell can anyone predict the sales of an unknown product?  It becomes even more difficult when it's a completely unannounced product.  These analysts are allowed to get away with too much freedom of conjecture and they really take themselves too seriously.  Even if he is being paid to spread nonsense, why in the world would anyone give credence to him as being a reliable source.
You know what their strategy is for the low-end Chinese smartphones is?  Build more variety of smartphones with higher specs than the competition.  That's only going to eat into their profits more if they try that.  Samsung is fighting against rivals who's only desire is to gain market share at the expense of profits.  Unless Samsung can come up with some really unique smartphone, they're not going to succeed.  From what I've seen in the past, trying to hold onto market...
Looking at Apple's share price collapse today, I take it Wall Street must be thinking the same thing will happen to Apple as it did to Samsung.  I'd say that's a pretty far-fetched way of thinking if that's the case.  For Samsung, it's the high-end Galaxy S5 not selling all that well and those tens of millions of low-end devices that are eating away at Samsung's profits.  They're going to have the same problem Nokia had trying to hold onto all that market share.  Some of...
Apple could simply buy one of those cable companies if the Feds allowed it and run that cable company as it sees fit using its own hardware.  I say simply because I'm guessing its just a matter of how much money Apple would be willing to pay or rather the cable company be willing to accept.  Buying a cable company is probably the only way Apple could get it done and fix its subscriber pricing accordingly.  Although with Apple behind it, I don't know how it could ever come...
I think we're going to have to wait for any random projects to get done when the new headquarters is finished.  Apple has practically run out of space and I'm sure spreading employees all around different campuses is rather unwieldy.  I like Apple to tackle some pie in the sky projects that have almost no ties to Apple's current business.  Apple has all the cash in the world to go pursue purely humanitarian projects.