or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Aren't the Chinese carriers stopping their subsidies for high-end smartphones?  Or at least that what many of the analysts are saying how Apple won't be able to sell many iPhones because consumers won't be able to afford iPhones without the subsidies.  Supposedly Huawei and Xiaomi have the upper hand.  Or more precisely any manufacturer selling low- to mid-range smartphones has more opportunity than Apple to sell smartphones on the major Chinese carriers.  The end of...
Attention-grabbing dudes like John Gruber are really sad pricks.  They know next-to-nothing but are always opening their big yaps and standing on their little soapbox trying to draw a crowd.  If he's got anything to say about mobile payments, he should wait until Apple introduces it on the iPhone.  The rumor-mongers are rather pathetic.
No one ever talks about the fragmentation issue when comparing Android to iOS.  All that is ever mentioned is pure market share.  I don't think they'd care if only 5% of Android users were on the latest Android release.  They (the smartphone industry at large) still say that overall market share is everything when it comes to the dominating platform.  It's really, really stupid that there are never any caveats being mentioned.  Huge market share turns an OS platform into a...
I'm just glad you're not part of Apple's marketing department.  No ad appeals to everyone.  I think they only have to appeal to the majority of their target audience.  As a unique individual you are certainly allowed to dislike the ad and I see nothing wrong with that.
It's possible Apple has found a way to bond a thin sapphire layer to Gorilla Glass that won't involve excessive costs or need for huge amounts of sapphire.  That would make the display unscratchable and durable.  I don't think anyone knows for certain what Apple is going to do.  Most of these articles are pure speculation.
It's hard to imagine how Microsoft spent all that money acquiring Nokia and the Windows Phone platform remains on a decline.  I'm not saying it's written in stone to remain this way but Microsoft has a long uphill battle to even slightly turn things around.  It seems the most likely way would be for Microsoft to incur more financial losses to gain market share by trying to undercut whole bunches of smaller companies.  I'm sure Microsoft has the funds to do it but unless...
He was also soured on the Beats deal.  Nothing Apple does seems to satisfy him and he's always acting like he could run the company better than Tim Cook.  His name is spelled Munster, but he's becoming a "Muenster" and is beginning to smell like mouldy cheese.  Why's he announcing Apple margins going up and down?  Doesn't that happen with every company when coming out with new product?  Seriously, how could a company like Samsung maintain any profit margins at all with new...
Still, the pundits in the smartphone industry are always braying about how Apple has fallen way behind all the Android smartphone manufacturers (which I suppose has to do with some specs of components).  Apple has never been given a nod by Wall Street saying the iPhone has some sort of processing edge over any Android flagship smartphone.  All Android manufacturers have to do is add on a few more cores and crank the clock speed towards 3GHz up to break every benchmark...
I'm a bit puzzled about this Surface.  If it's so good and takes the place of two Apple devices, why aren't more consumers buying it?  It's obvious that one Surface is cheaper than a MacBook Air and an iPad combined.  It would seem to be a great deal on the "surface".  Honestly, who wouldn't want a device that can supposedly do everything better than any other company's two devices.  One would think Microsoft could sell tens of millions of these Surfaces with the greatest...
Do you really believe Apple will ever be competitive with cloud offerings from Amazon, Microsoft or Google?  I'd hardly think so.  Apple is only interested in maximizing profits and nothing else.  It's also unlikely Apple would have an interest in supporting other OSes.   I'm sure they'll do the best they can of running a quality service but when it comes to bang for the buck, you'll probably have to look elsewhere.  I just wish they'd get a high-speed search engine up and...