or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

100 million iPhones is a huge number. That would definitely break all sorts of sales records.
Being "disappointed" is a relative perception and not really something you can measure with pure numbers.  A company being measured by meeting or failing to meet "expectations" is another relative thing that can't be measured, but this is how Apple is being measured by the news media and Wall Street.  Even having more than enough can certainly make humans feel disappointed.  It's hard for me to understand how Wall Street can be disappointed with the most valuable publicly...
This wearable's thing is going to turn into another market share pissing contest by the news media and Wall Street.  I honestly don't understand why everything is about market share.  If Apple were to sell 30 million wearable devices they would instantly take major market share and then it'll constantly be about how Apple is losing market share to Samsung and Motorola and Pebble or whatever.  Why can't the focus be on how good the devices are for consumers?  Samsung...
I'll bet we won't see nearly as many articles about whether Priceline spent too much money for OpenTable as Apple spent on Beats or whether Priceline's CEO knows what the hell he's doing.  I'm fairly certain Priceline is taking far more risk than Apple did but where's all the second-guessing about this deal.  Of course, Priceline gets a free pass unlike Apple because the hedge funds are completely enamored with Priceline.  Priceline has about $7 billion cash and is...
A "throng"?!!!  Who cares about crowds?  I came here because I thought they had photos of Angela wearing a "thong".
All the news media is always looking for holes in Apple's business.  Why?  Because that's what gets people attention.  It's like poking a stick at a hornet's nest.  In this case, Apple's defenders and protagonists can gather round and let off steam.  No matter how much money Apple makes or how well the company is being run, there will always be those who simply want clicks and they'll use any little excuse to get it.  I always figured if Apple is really self-destructing,...
That makes sense.  The analysts aren't doing their jobs properly.  I guess my new reset number is $110.  I think that's going to take a little longer for Apple to reach.  I think only super-high iPhone sales and a wearable device near the end of the year are going to get it that high.
I'll never get over how the iHaters swore the Japanese hated the first iPhone because they claimed the Japanese feature-phones (the infamous Galapagos keitai) were so much better in every way possible.  It seems as though the iPhone has become a huge success that has probably surpassed any previous feature-phone from any company.  Awesome.  It's funny that there still isn't any place on an iPhone you can put a Hello Kitty strap.
I don't think anyone cares.  They only know if it runs Android it's considered a smartphone because Android OS is a smartphone OS.  Even the simplest Android smartphone falls under the definition of a smartphone.  If it can run general purpose apps, that makes it a smartphone by definition.  Whenever Wall Street says Android is killing iOS in smartphone market share, they're not talking about specific features, cost or quality, they're only talking about those devices...
It's nice to know.  Usually the analysts claim poor current iPhone sales because consumers are waiting for the next iPhone model to go on sale.  The analysts always seem say that even though they're wrong most of the time.  Many consumers don't even know when the next iPhone is being released.  It's not like the average iPhone user cruises the internet sites hanging onto every little rumor of a release date.  There's probably a lot of impulse iPhone buyers where if they...